This apple cheesecake bread pudding is heavy on the fall flavors! Creamy dollops of cheesecake, tender apples, and a soft spiced bread pudding base make it completely irresistible.
I am a complete and total bread pudding fan girl, you guys. Also a die-hard cheesecake-aholic.
Fall is also like my favorite season. Put ’em all together and I’ve got the only dessert I’ll ever need.
Okaaaaay, it’s not all about me but for REALS, this apple cheesecake bread pudding, guys!!! It’s the ugliest food ever to photograph but dang, is it ever the tastiest.
I was sneaking little bread cubes left and right with no shame. Go ahead and judge me.
Lemme run you through all the bread pudding components >>>
- Bread pudding base. I use a stale sourdough bread and MAN is it ever amazing. The tangy sourdough works wonders with the sweet apple cubes.
- And then even more wonders when a rich cream cheese filling gets swirled throughout the whole thing.
- Icing on the cake? A heavy handful of cinnamon sugar coating every inch.
Alright so why would I ever eat any other dessert again? Now you know.
If you do anything, pleaaaaaaase eat this apple cheesecake bread pudding warm. It’s seriously at it’s best then. Insanely soft and creamy and send-help-its-just-so-gosh-dang-good.
Bread is a wonderful thing, guys. Just saying.
Cinnamon Sugar Apple Cheesecake Bread Pudding
- 1 loaf day-old sourdough bread, cut into 1-in cubes (7-8 cups)
- 3 cups milk
- 1 cup half and half cream
- 4 large eggs
- 1-1/2 cups coconut sugar (or brown sugar)
- 2 tablespoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 3 medium apples, peeled, cored, and diced into 1-in cubes
- 4 oz cream cheese, softened
- 1 tablespoon agave syrup
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar (or brown sugar)
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350F. Lightly grease a 9x13 baking pan and set aside.
- Place bread cubes in a large bowl and pour milk and half-and-half on top. Toss bread cubes around in milk until they're completely soaking. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk eggs, sugar, vanilla, salt, and spices until smooth. Pour over bread mixture and toss until evenly combined. Stir in apple cubes. Spread mixture in prepared pan and set aside for a moment.
- In a small bowl, beat softened cream cheese with agave until smooth and creamy. Spoon dollops of cream cheese into apple pudding.
- Combine sugar and cinnamon then sprinkle evenly over bread pudding. Bake bread pudding at 350F 45-50 minutes until edges are browned and bubbly and liquid is set. Cool bread pudding 15 minutes then serve warm. Enjoy!