These light and crispy espresso chocolate chip cookies are heavy on the coffee flavor that works wonderful flavors with the chocolate! The perfect cookie sidekick to your coffee.
And all the stars aligned. ?? Is there a better combo in the entire WORLD than chocolate chip cookies and coffee?
I’m no milk and cookie kinda girl. It’s gotta be coffee or I might as well just not have the cookie.
And HEY! Now we can have a double whammy of coffee! In both our chocolate chip cookies and our actual salted caramel latte. (my go-to college coffee shop makes ’em to.die.for.)
And we’re about to make some to die for espresso chocolate chip cookies. All da chocolate + all that CRISPINESS + actual espresso grounds. Oh man, yes.
It’s basic cookie stuff going down here today, guys. Nothing super fancy, just butter, sugar, etc. And TWO tablespoons finely-ground espresso beans. And all the chocolate and maybe some pecans if you like a little nut in your cookie. ??
They’re crispy on the outside and supa’ chewy on the inside and a freaking DREAM with more coffee on the side!
I promise I won’t judge if you have like 5 in one sitting.
We all been there done that.
Crispy Espresso Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup coconut sugar (or brown sugar)
- 2 tablespoons finely-ground espresso beans
- 2 tablespoons half-and-half cream
- 1 large egg
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cups white whole wheat flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup finely chopped pecans, toasted (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside. In a large bowl, whisk melted butter with sugars until smooth. Whisk ground espresso and half-and-half together in a small bowl then beat into sugar mixture with egg and vanilla until smooth.
- Fold in flour, baking soda, nutmeg, and salt until a slightly-sticky cookie dough forms. Fold in chocolate chips and pecans if using.
- Scoop dough into 1-in balls and place 2-in apart on prepared baking sheet. Bake cookies at 350F 10-12 minutes until edges are golden brown and cookies are flat and crispy. Cool on baking sheet 5 minutes then transfer to a wire cooling rack to cool completely. Enjoy!