Never spend money on a bagel sandwich again! These roasted red pepper pesto chicken bagel sandwiches are packed with SO much flavorful goodness and the easiest grab-and-go lunch!
By now you’re aware of the fact that I have a slight/major thing with bagels? This means they get put in things ranging from breadsticks to the almighty bagel sandwich.
C’mon, you can’t hate me for that.
My local study spot happens to be a coffee house (shocker, I know) and while their bagel sandwiches are literal heaven.on.earth, they’re only an occasional indulgence cause ummmm…of the fact that they clean out my wallet way too fast.
You BET we can make homemade bagel sandwiches just as good and possibly even better. 10000x cheaper too, you’re welcome.
On tap for bagel sandwich land today we have the following —> —>
- Toasty bagels slathered with ALL THE PESTO. Don’t be afraid to go heavy
- A generous pile of fresh spinach. More green stuff, yo!
- Thinly sliced cooked chicken. If you’ve got leftover chicken, you’re all set!!
- ALL the roasted red peppers. I have an obsession with these, guys.
- Even more of all the mozz cheese to finish it off.
A quick trip to the broiler then a quick trip to our faces. These are the real freaking bagel deal, guys.
And HEYYYYY, we did all that in only 15 minutes!! That’s roughly about how long it takes me to walk to the coffee shop. ??
Ohhhh yes, that is one gorgeous-looking bagel interior. ??? Obsessed, guys.
Roasted Red Pepper Pesto Chicken Bagel Sandwiches
- 2 plain bagels, split and toasted
- 1/4 cup prepared pesto
- 1/2 cup fresh baby spinach
- 1 medium cooked chicken breast, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup jarred roasted red peppers
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground pepper
- Spread pesto evenly between one split half of each toasted bagel. Top with spinach, sliced chicken, roasted red peppers and mozzarella cheese. Sprinkle each with garlic salt and pepper.
- Place bagel halves under broiler and broil at high heat 2-3 minutes or until cheese is melted and bubbly. Remove from oven and top each with remaining bagel halves to form a sandwich. Serve immediately and enjoy!