Everything bagel-lovers are going to fall in LOVE with these soft everything bagel breadsticks! The dough is no-knead and made conveniently overnight for easy baking the next day.
The bagel freak in me is going a teensy bit insane today, guys.
Sarah 101: I have a huge freaking thing for bagels. Don’t ask me how many I consume on a weekly basis. I’d rather not calculate huge numbers this early in the day.
I’d really just rather be eating about 10 everything bagel breadsticks.
These are literally just about the most convenient carb fix I can think of currently. They are made OVERNIGHT, they’re no-knead! Basically there’s like no work involved, guys. The best kinda carbs.
Really all ya gotta do is do a bit of planning ahead cause you’re gonna make the entire dough the night before and then let ‘er sit on the counter all night. As it sits it’ll ferment (I knooooow, I hate that word too) and form the most amazing flavors. It’s worth every second.
Then we gotta add MORE cause we are totally making our own everything bagel seasoning today, friends. It’s just sesame seeds, poppyseeds, garlic powder, onion powder, salt, and pepper. I am betting you have all of these sitting in your spice cabinet.
Also, I go heavy on seasoning these little breadstick guys. It’s so so good.
^^^ Lookit’ that TEXTURE inside!!! You will end up eating wayyyy too many of these.
It’s all good, we all in the same bagel boat.
Overnight Everything Bagel Breadsticks
- 4 cups (500 grams) bread flour
- 3 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon active dry yeast
- 12 oz water (room temperature or cold)
Everything Bagel Topping
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten with 1 tablespoon water
- 2 tablespoons poppyseeds
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- In a large bowl, combine flour, salt, and yeast. Drizzle in water and stir dough with a wooden spoon until a slightly-sticky dough forms. Cover bowl with plastic wrap and let sit at room temperature overnight or 18-24 hours.
- The next day, preheat oven to 400F. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper and set aside.
- Punch risen dough down and divide into 12 pieces. Roll each piece into an 8-in breadstick and place 2-in apart on prepared baking sheets.
Everything Bagel Topping
- Brush breadsticks with egg mixture. In a small bowl, combine seasonings. Sprinkle evenly over breadsticks. Cover breadsticks with plastic wrap and let rise 30 minutes until doubled in size.
- Remove plastic wrap and bake breadsticks at 425F 20-25 minutes or until a deep golden brown. Serve warm and enjoy!