Stuffed with sweet caramelized apples and cranberries, these twice-baked sweet potatoes are a SUPER easy Thanksgiving side and so much better than any casserole!
Jumping the gun a bit on the Thanksgiving game, guys.
Because these twice-baked sweet potatoes are pushing and shoving ALL ideas of a casserole aside.
Yep. I’m gonna choose to take my sweet potatoes in PERSONAL-SIZED form piled high with caramel-y apples and cranberries, please and thanks.
Straight up obsessed with these to the point that these were actually dinner two nights in a row. Judge me cause it’s probably justified.
So spoiler alert: you’ve totally got this side dish game NAILED because these twice-baked sweet potatoes are pretty much a hands-off, SUPER easy deal. Observe >>>
- Bake those sweet ‘taters. Just prick a few sweet potatoes all over and roast them until they’re super soft.
- Then….we cross over to the dark side and pan-fry up a few gorgeous apples + cranberries + almonds in a little butter, sugar, spice, and basically all things nice.
- Split those sweet potatoes open and shove ALL that apple goodness inside. Make it all fit because you want EVERY bit of that stuff in there.
Back to the oven for 10 minutes and there ya go. Time to binge on a sweet potato. (did I even just say that….)
You can TOTALLY make these ahead of time too and keep them warm until the turkey is done.
Just keep them out of arms reach. Cause I guarantee you’re gonna be picking that apple filling off and eating it quite frequently. But hey, no personal experience here.
Cranberry Apple Twice-Baked Sweet Potatoes
This recipe may included paid links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn a commission from qualifying purchases.
- 2 medium sweet potatoes
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 medium apples, peeled, cored, and diced into 1-in cubes
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 3 tablespoons coconut sugar (or brown sugar)
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 425F. Scrub sweet potatoes clean then dry completely. Place in a baking dish and prick all over with a fork. Roast sweet potatoes at 425F 40-45 minutes or until sweet potatoes are very tender.
- While sweet potatoes are roasting, melt butter in a medium skillet over medium-high heat. Once pan is hot, add apples, cranberries, cinnamon, nutmeg, and sugar and saute several minutes, stirring occasionally until apples are tender. Add pecans and saute 1 additional minute until nuts are incorporated.
- Split sweet potatoes open and fluff interior with a fork. Top each with apple cranberry mixture. Bake sweet potatoes at 425F an additional 10 minutes until filling is bubbly. Serve sweet potatoes warm and enjoy!