Cheddar bay biscuits meet everything bagel seasoning in these SUPER buttery and flaky biscuits! Make a double batch because they are nothing short of addicting!
You might have guessed this was coming. After those breadsticks a few months ago, I was obviously all set to make everything bagel a part of every corner of my food life.
Ask me what my favorite food is guys. I promise the answer will forever be a bagel.
With everything bagel cheddar bay biscuits comin’ in a clooooooooose runner-up.
It’s cheese. It’s biscuits. It’s buttah. And it’s everything bagel, guys. You have to love it and I would likely consider you weird if you didn’t.
Alright, to biscuit town we go. Basically you’ve just got two parts to these cheddar bay biscuits, guys. >>>
- Biscuit dough. Easy-peasy basic stuff……flour, baking powder, butter, etc. And tons ‘o cheese cause it’s just good stuff.
- Everything bagel seasoning mix. Poppyseeds and sesame seeds make up the bulk of it with just a hint of garlic/onion power, salt, and pepper.
Brush those biscuits with ALL THE BUTTER. Then cover them with all the err’thing bagel seasoning. One quick trip to the oven later and you’ve got biscuit bliss starin’ ya in the face.
^^^ yes, they are as ridiculously flaky and tender as appearances suggest. X1000000000
You will not be getting over these anytime soon. ???
Everything Bagel Cheddar Bay Biscuits
- 2 cups white whole wheat flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon coconut sugar (or brown sugar)
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
Everything Bagel Topping
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 1 tablespoon poppyseeds
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Preheat oven to 425F. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, baking powder, salt, and sugar. Drizzle melted butter over flour and stir in milk and cheese until a dough forms. Turn dough onto a lightly-floured surface and gently knead several times until dough is smooth.
- Pat dough into a 1-in thick circle and cut biscuits out using a 1-in biscuit cutter. Place biscuits 2-in apart on prepared baking sheets.
Everything Bagel Topping
- Brush butter over biscuits. In a small bowl, combine seasonings and sprinkle over biscuits. Bake biscuits at 425F 12-15 minutes until biscuits are a deep golden-brown. Cool biscuits 5 minutes then serve hot. Enjoy!
Gayle @ Pumpkin 'N Spice says
I’m in love with these biscuits, Sarah! Cheddar and that everything bagel seasoning sounds like the best combo ever. And so perfect for the holidays, too!