Soft gingerbread cookies meet a creamy white chocolate cream cheese filling in these festive gingerbread white chocolate sandwich cookies! Perfect for any cookie tray.
I’ve got gingerbread on the brain, guys. Can you blame me? It is freaking DECEMBER and that is kinda insane.
Another semester is nearly over for this tired business student and I’m celebrating with all the gingerbread sandwich cookies. And…….finals? Well, the cookies are also helping me cope.
I mean, it is a big fat gingerbread cookie. Two of them to be precise. With white chocolate cream cheese frosting jammed in between ’em. <<<< stress food in a nutshell.
Or the shining star of the holiday cookie tray. You choose their purpose.
I am a HUGE fan of gingerbread and any type of chocolate hangin’ out together and today, the white chocolate is just workin’ magical things here.
First step is cookies. Generally always a good place to start. My gingerbread cookies are soft, chewy, fat, and addicting. Resist the urge to eat them straight off the cookie sheet, cause SANDWICHES YO.
And white chocolate cream cheese frosting is comin’ in clutch for the final sandwich makings. It’s entirely over the top and you will adore it.
And a teetering stack like that is at the very least how tall you’re gonna wanna stack these bad boys.
Again, entirely yo choice if you want these to even make it to the cookie tray. I support any and all decisions as long as you make these gingerbread white chocolate sandwich cookies.
And ship them to me. Please and thank you?
Gingerbread White Chocolate Sandwich Cookies
This recipe may included paid links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn a commission from qualifying purchases.
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup coconut sugar (or brown sugar)
- 1/4 cup dark molasses
- 1 large egg
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cups white whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
White Chocolate Filling
- 4 oz cream cheese, softened
- 1/3 cup white chocolate chips, melted
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon grated orange zest
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Place softened coconut oil and sugar in a stand mixer. Beat on medium speed about 2 minutes or until evenly creamed. Mix in molasses, egg, and vanilla until creamy.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, spices, baking soda, cornstarch, and salt. Add flour mixture to liquid, and beat on medium speed until a dough forms.
- Scoop dough into 1-in balls and place 3 in apart on parchment paper-lined baking sheets. Bake cookies at 350F 9-11 minutes or until edges just start to turn golden. (middles will still seem very soft) Cool cookies on baking pan 10 minutes, then transfer to a wire cooling rack to cool completely.
White Chocolate Filling
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese until completely smooth. Add melted white chocolate, powdered sugar, orange zest, and vanilla and beat on high speed until filling is smooth and thick.
- Frost the bottoms of half of cooled cookies. Top with remaining cookies to form a sandwich. Store cookies in fridge until ready to serve. Enjoy!