Incredibly creamy and cozy chicken mushroom wild rice soup comes together in minutes and it’ll become an INSTANT winter soup favorite!
Name a better way to stay warm this winter, guys. I’ll wait.
A bowl of this creami-licious chicken mushroom wild rice soup and a cup of may-or-may not be spiked hot chocolate. And bread. Gotta have that bread.
Oh man. It’s comfort food x10000. You guys know I live on the cozy food from October all the way through like March. Whenever the winter coat goes back into the closet.
I would eat this soup err’ day for the rest of winter if you let me. Obviously wild rice soup is the Lord’s gift to us. And mushrooms and chicken added to the party is pretty much the wrapping paper and bow on this perfect little soup package.
Check it out, y’all. It’s chicken mushroom wild rice soup time in THIRTY FIVE minutes. None of that simmering-all-day nonsense. When ya want comfort food, ya want it NOW. >>>
- We’re gonna saute up all our veggie + chicken goodness first off. The base to soup goodness.
- The rest of the soup gets made right in the same pot. Chicken stock, half-and-half, milk, and a big pile of precooked wild rice. (leftover wild rice will work PERFECTLY here)
Hello. You are staring your new cozy food lover right in da face.
It is seriously SO big on the flavor for only having simmered a few minutes, guys. Obviously you gotta have this with some crusty bread close by for soaking up ALL that creamy goodness.
And then it’s basically rinse and repeat. This soup. On repeat for the rest of cozy food season. ♥
Creamy Chicken Mushroom Wild Rice Soup
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-in cubes
- 1 medium onion, finely diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 medium carrots, cut into 1/2-in cubes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cups sliced mushrooms
- 1/4 cup white whole wheat flour
- 4 cups chicken stock
- 1 cup half-and-half
- 1-1/2 cups cooked wild rice
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh thyme
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a medium pot over medium-high heat, saute chicken, onion, garlic, and carrots in olive oil until chicken is no longer pink. Add mushrooms and saute an additional 2 minutes.
- Reduce heat to medium and stir in flour until smooth. Slowly stir in chicken broth until smooth. Add half-and-half, cooked wild rice, thyme, and salt and pepper to taste.
- Bring soup to a simmer then reduce heat to low and let simmer 15-20 minutes, covered until slightly thickened and vegetables are tender. Serve soup hot and enjoy!