Insanely creamy and LOW on the calories, this roasted cream of cauliflower Parmesan soup packs a punch of cozy flavors and you’ll be wanting bowl after bowl!
I’ve got the #1 solution to making cauliflower not suck, guys. It does in fact, take cauliflower to a WHOOOOLE new level.
That level is a soup level. And its pretty much the cream of cauliflower Parmesan soup we’ve been dreaming of our entire lives.
It’s just so so freaking good. Creamyyyyyy x10000 and I’m all in for the creamy soups. I was eating this straight outta the soup pot with a spoon.
Cause what else is new in Sarah’s kitchen? Regular Wednesday at work.
Building the flavors of this cream of cauliflower Parmesan soup begins with roasting up ALL that cauli goodness. Its so worth the little bit of extra time.
Once the cauli is nice and tender, we’re gonna make a quick little roux with butter and flour then finish it off into our soup base with milk, a little cream, and chicken broth.
Pile ERRRTHING into the blender and a few quick blends later and you’ve got thick, creamy soup goodness you will be head over heels crazy for.
Throw some Parm in the party and watch that love grow even fonder. ??
Forgive me for the fact that you will be eating no other soup besides cream of cauliflower Parmesan soup for the rest of the winter.
Cauliflower for the freaking win, guys. ??
Roasted Cream of Cauliflower Parmesan Soup
This recipe may included paid links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn a commission from qualifying purchases.
- 1 medium head cauliflower, cut into small florets (about 4 cups)
- 1 small onion, finely diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/4 cup white whole wheat flour
- 1 cup milk
- 1/3 cup heavy whipping cream
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 3/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- Arrange cauliflower, onion, and garlic in a single layer on a greased baking sheet. Drizzle olive oil evenly over vegetables and season with salt and pepper to taste. Roast vegetables at 400F 20-25 minutes or until very tender.
- In a medium pot, melt butter over medium-high heat. Whisk flour into butter until completely smooth and cook 1 minute until golden-brown. Gradually whisk milk, cream, and chicken broth into flour mixture until completely smooth. Cook over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally until simmering and slightly thickened,
- Place roasted cauliflower mixture in a high-speed blender and top with milk mixture. Blend on high speed until completely creamy.
- Return soup to pot and bring to a low simmer over medium-high heat, then reduce heat and simmer at low 10 minutes. Remove soup from heat and whisk in Parmesan until melted, then stir in parsley and salt and pepper to taste. Serve soup hot and enjoy!