Soft, cake-like banana bread chocolate chip coconut breakfast cookies have a texture that’s a dead ringer for banana bread all rolled up into one incredible breakfast cookie!
Woohoo!! The first breakfast cookie of January. And you’d better believe it’s packed full of all the goods.
Just the basics. Like banana bread, chocolate, and coconut. Nbd.
It’s been an unofficial tradition on WAHO the last few years to always start off the new year with a killer breakfast cookie.
Hello. I’ve got enough breakfast cookie recipes to feed a small army of cookies-for-breakfast enthusiasts if you’re interested.
Gotta love a tradition that leads to things like banana bread chocolate chip coconut breakfast cookies. Biggest delicious mouthful you’ll ever have gracing your breakfast life.
The batter for these breakfast cookies is very similar to banana bread only sliiiiightly thicker to give us a thick cookie shape. They bake up incredibly soft, cake-like, and singin’ all those irreplaceable banana bread flavors.
Obviously the chocolate and coconut hurt NOBODY. Holy moly, I’d eat these for breakfast any day and err’ day.
Shouting from the rooftops how much you should consider giving breakfast cookies a permanent place on your breakfast agenda.
They can be totally made ahead and thus, they are grab and go friendly.
…also….need I remind you that they are cookies AND banana bread for freaking breakfast??
Banana Bread Chocolate Chip Coconut Breakfast Cookies
- 2 medium ripe bananas, mashed
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar (or brown sugar)
- 1 large egg
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups white whole wheat flour
- 1 cup flaked coconut
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350F. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper and set aside. In a large bowl, beat mashed banana, coconut oil, sugar, egg, and vanilla until mixture is smooth.
- Add flour, coconut, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon, stirring until a dough forms. Fold in chocolate chips.
- Scoop cookies into 2-in balls and place 2-in apart on prepared baking sheets. Bake cookies at 350F 10-12 minutes or until edges are lightly browned. Cool cookies 5 minutes on baking sheet, then transfer to a cooling rack. Enjoy!
Sarah! Grandpa tested and rated high!
Oh my gosh, YAY! If it passes the Grandpa taste test, you know we have a winner! 🙂
These are amazing! I made them for the first time a few months ago and I’ve made at least a batch for each passing month since. I’ve been doubling the batch and every time they came out perfect! Big thank you for the recipe! My roommate and I absolutely adore them.
Awww thanks so much for letting me know! I’m thrilled to hear they’re a hit in your house, Eric! 🙂