Incredibly tender red wine marinara meatballs are made entirely in the instant pot in less than 30 minutes and they taste like they simmered all day!
Killin’ the dinner game is when you make cozy food that SHOULD have been simmering all day in less than 30 in the instant pot.
And you can’t even tell the difference, guys. I donno about you but I’m gonna pick door number two every time.
Under the assumption that everyone adores a good meatball covered in a killer red sauce served over a bed of noodles and piled with a mountain of Parm, I propose that red wine marinara meatballs be the go-to cozy food of January.
With a glass of red wine nearby of course.
These red wine marinara meatballs come together like a DREAM, guys! No sinkful of dishes and no grease splatters all over your stove from panfrying meatballs because everything is literally done in the magic contraption known as the instant pot. ♥
- Ground beef, breadcrumbs, garlic, an egg, and seasonings make up our meatball base. Mix it all, shape ’em, done. Ease and simplicity is our friend today, guys.
- Using the saute function on the instant pot, we’re just gonna brown both sides of these little guys.
- Theeeeeen. Throw all that red wine goodness in the pot. Top ‘er off with some crushed tomatoes and lock that lid in place.
- These meatballs cook in about 12 minutes on high pressure then let ’em release pressure naturally for 5 minutes. Why not throw some more goodness into the party like a little whipping cream and XL handful of fresh minced basil?
And obviously, your noods should be on standby and READY FOR MEATBALL ACTION.
They are SO incredibly tender, guys! And that red sauce pretty much tastes like your grandmother spent all day making it. Dare I?
Of course, cause WINE. ???
Instant Pot Red Wine Marinara Meatballs
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1/2 cup breadcrumbs
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup red wine
- 1-1/2 cups canned crushed tomatoes
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 cup fresh minced basil
- Hot noodles for serving
- In a medium bowl, combine beef, breadcrumbs, egg, garlic, salt, and pepper until combined. Shape meat into 2-in meatballs and line on a baking sheet.
- Heat olive oil in instant pot using SAUTE mode. Working in batches, brown meatballs 3-4 minutes, turning occasionally until golden.
- Return all meatballs to instant pot and stir in red wine and crushed tomatoes. Lock lid in place and cook meatballs on high pressure 12 minutes, then let release pressure naturally 5 minutes.
- Remove lid and stir heavy cream and basil into meatballs. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Serve meatballs and marinara sauce warm over noodles. Enjoy!