A double-whammy of chocolate and homemade chai spice are the perfect couple in this big-cluster double chocolate chai spice granola! It’s nearly impossible to stop eating.
Not-so-sorry to inform y’all that I come bearing your new breakfast addiction.
It’s chocolate x2. It’s chai. And it’s granola. The breakfast gods are smiling down on us FOR REAL today.
I KNOW it sounds like the weirdest combo ever, but gimme a little trust for a hot sec. The sweet chocolate plays pretty much incredibly with chai spice. And obviously if there’s granola involved, ya gotta be all in.
All in for me includes no less than eating granola straight off the sheet. Been there, done that, would do again in a heartbeat.
Shameless plug alert: I am this granola’s biggest fangirl and its what I base all of my granola recipes off of. I’m telling you, it’s KEEPER. Huge clusters. Tons of sweet crunch. Pretty much the most addicting thing you will ever have lying around.
Today, we spicing things up (literally) cause we’re gonna go ahead and make our own HOMEMADE chai spice mix and throw it into the granola party. And chocolate’s coming too and he’s bring his friend. ??
It’s sweet, it’s spiced, and I promise you will never be able to stop eating it. My mother informed me that I shouldn’t make things like this cause its scary addicting.
All I heard was make MORE and eat more, honestly.
Double Chocolate Chai Spice Granola
- 3 cups old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1 cup sliced almonds
- 1 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar (or brown sugar)
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup melted coconut oil
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 325F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine oats, almonds, coconut, sugar, cocoa, spices, and salt. In a separate bowl, whisk oil, syrup, and vanilla until smooth. Pour over dry mixture and stir until just moistened.
- Evenly spread granola mixture onto prepared baking sheet and pat flat with a spatula. Bake granola at 325F 40-45 minutes or until golden and edges start to brown (do NOT stir granola while baking or afterwards) Remove from oven and let granola cool completely, then break granola into clusters and transfer to an airtight container. Stir in chocolate chips.