This Greek-style lemon chicken orzo soup is the kinda cozy food you’re gonna want on standby all winter! Incredibly soothing and bursting with fresh lemon flavor.
I’ve got just about the coziest bowl of soup you’ll ever curl up with this winter.
And believe me….this Wisconsin winter is one for the BOOKS so far. You’re gonna find me wrapped in approximately 27 blankets clutching a bowl of this Greek lemon chicken orzo soup all winter long.
For me, there’s just something so dang COZY and comforting about lemon in soup. It just brightens up all the flavors and makes me want bowl after bowl.
And in this particular case….pile mine with ALL THE FETA.
There is SO much hearty goodness piled into this lemon chicken orzo soup. We’ve got tender little chicken cubes, carrots, celery, onions, a huuuuuge mess of orzo pasta, and fresh spinach pullin’ out allllll the cozy stops.
Tons of chicken stock + freshly-squeezed lemon juice + zest seal all the flavor deals here, guys. Ladle yerself up an XXL bowl and top it with as much crumbled feta as it can possibly hold.
I know it sounds weird with the feta on top but TRUST ME. The rich sourness the feta gives it is unmatchable.
And soon you’re gonna follow in my footsteps and make this your soup THING all winter.
Greek Lemon Chicken Orzo Soup
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-in cubes
- 2 medium carrots, cut into 1-in cubes
- 2 stalks celery, cut into 1-in cubes
- 1 medium onion, finely diced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 2 cups dry orzo pasta, cooked according to package instructions
- 2 cups fresh baby spinach
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon zest
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh oregano
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Crumbled feta for serving
- In a medium dutch oven or soup pot over medium-high heat, saute chicken, carrots, celery, onion, and garlic until veggies are tender and chicken is no longer pink.
- Reduce heat to medium and add chicken broth. Bring to a low simmer, stirring occasionally, then add cooked orzo, baby spinach, lemon juice, zest, oregano, and salt and pepper to taste.
- Bring soup to a low simmer until heated through. Ladle soup into bowls and top with crumbled feta. Enjoy!