Rich cream cheese, tangy sun-dried tomatoes, and flavorful basil makes this incredible cream cheese basil risotto absolutely irresistible! Just try to only have one bowl.
How many ways do I love risotto? Don’t even ask me to count the ways. We’ll be here for awhile, trust me.
Just know that this sundried tomato cream cheese basil risotto is the current fav. Per the usual.
Also, just in case you’re interested in the amount of ways I obsess over risotto….here ya go.
This.Is.BOMB. We’ve got rich cream cheese, a heavy sprinkling of Parmesan + fresh basil, a huge pile of soft, tangy sundried tomatoes, and the CREAMIEST rice risotto base ever.
A bowlful of cozy food joy. That’s what I been calling this lately.
We’re gonna be following my basic risotto base that I make for ALL the risotto madness that happens around here. Its so simple and even first-timers can pull it off flawlessly.
Risotto is usually super creamy on its own, but the addition of cream cheese today is……wow. It transforms the texture into a rich, impossibly creamy bowl of insanity. A heavy hand of ALL THE SUNDRIED TOMATOES and basil + cheese only further wins our dinner game today. ??
Seriously so good, you will sure as heck not be sharing with anyone.
If I go missing for a few days, you know where to find me. At the bottom of a bowl of this cream cheese basil risotto. ✌️✌️
Sun-Dried Tomato Cream Cheese Basil Risotto
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 small shallot, finely diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1-1/2 cups arborio rice
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 4 cups chicken broth, warmed
- 2 oz cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes, drained
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup minced fresh basil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a large saucepan over medium-high heat, heat butter until hot. Saute shallot and garlic in butter until just tender. Stir in rice and stir occasionally until rice is evenly coated with butter (do not allow the rice to brown) Remove pan from heat and slowly whisk in white wine to deglaze pan.
- Return rice to medium-high heat and cook stirring occasionally until liquid is absorbed. Ladle a little chicken broth into pan, and stir occasionally until liquid is absorbed. Continue adding chicken broth a little bit at a time using the same method until all the chicken broth is used and rice is tender and creamy (this process should take about 15-20 minutes in total)
- Reduce heat to medium and stir in cream cheese until creamy. Add tomatoes, cheese, basil, and season with salt and pepper to taste. Serve risotto hot and enjoy!