You’ll never find takeout as good as this Mongolian beef meatball veggie stir-fry! The meatballs are so tender and juicy and covered in a savory homemade Mongolian sauce!
Guys, we do a lot and I mean a LOT of stir-fries around here but this beauty you see today just might be the permanent fav.
How could it not be when there’s freakin’ MEATBALLS in the same sentence as Mongolian?? Dream come true in stir-fry land.
Like the Mongolian beef we all obsess over at our go-to takeout place only trashed up MEATBALL style. Hi, I’ll take 5 XXL bowls.
I’ll also steal every single one of those killer meatballs straight outta the pan like a smart person.
SO. The first step to Mongolian beef meatball veggie stir-fry is gonna be to make some dang awesome meatballs. Its just a standard meatball recipe that’s nice and simple with no frills, yet BOMB. They’re moist, ridiculously tender and flavorful. Would gladly eat ’em every day.
Next up is the veggies. I use a basic veggie blend of sweet peppers, broccoli, and onion that you can TOTALLY swap out for your fav veggies if none of those are your fancy.
The final and MOST FREAKING IMPORTANT step is the sauce. The secret to any killer stir-fry. We’re making a lot to soak up all that meatball + veggie goodness. You’ll be lickin’ it straight off the plate, no liez.
A big hefty pile of green onions seals the entire stir-fry deal, guys. That and piling all of the above on a huge pile o’ noodles or rice which takes the deal over the top.
The deal which is that this is dinner every night for approximately forever. ❤️❤️
Mongolian Beef Meatball Veggie Stir-Fry
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1/2 cup dry breadcrumbs
- 2 large eggs
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsely
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 cup fresh broccoli florets
- 1 medium sweet pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons fresh ginger, minced
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch, mixed with 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar (or brown sugar)
- 1/4 cup sliced green onions
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Hot noodles or rice for serving
- In a large bowl, mix ground beef, breadcrumbs, eggs, garlic, parsley, salt, and pepper together until combined. Scoop into 1-in balls.
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, heat oil until shimmery. Add meatballs to skillet and brown them, turning occasionally until meatballs register 165F. Transfer to a plate and set aside.
- In same skillet over medium high heat, add 1 tablespoon oil. Add broccoli, sweet pepper, and onion to skillet and saute vegetables, stirring occasionally until veggies are crisp-tender. Add garlic and ginger and saute an additional 2 minutes
- Reduce heat to medium-low and add soy sauce, vinegar, cornstarch mixture, and sugar. Stir occasionally until sauce is thickened and bubbly. Add meatballs back to pan and cook until stir-fry is heated through.
- Add green onions to stir-fry and season with salt and pepper to taste. Serve meatball stir-fry hot over noodles or rice and enjoy!