Exploding with juicy blackberries, tons of lemon poppyseed flavor and covered in a tangy lemon glaze, these lemon poppyseed blackberry muffins will be an INSTANT brunch hit!
You need a stellar spring muffin for the weekend. And these lemon poppyseed blackberry muffins are comin’ in HOT for that purpose.
Also the purpose which is that lemon poppyseed + blackberries is my new favorite combo and soon to be yours. With tangy lemon glaze poured into every crack, please and thank you.
AHHHHH. The springiest muffins ever. They are totally meant to be for your Mother’s Day brunch menu. I promise you that.
And like every day in between, but you already know that.
These lemon poppyseed blackberry muffins are INSANELY freakin’ moist inside and we have sour cream to thank for that. Combine that with the addition of fresh lemon juice + zest and little pockets of juicy blackberries and we have the muffin of our actual dreams.
Made dreamier by covering it in a simple powdered sugar glaze zinged up with fresh lemon juice. Glaze these beauties within an inch of their life and thensome if ya know what’s good for you.
Then stash some away for yourself, set the rest out and watch ’em disappear within moments. Then thank your lucky stars that you have a muffin stash. HALLELUJAH.
Those blackberry pockets though, I CAN’T. >>>
Lemon Poppyseed Blackberry Muffins
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons grated lemon zest
- 1 cup milk
- 2 cups white whole wheat flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 cups fresh or frozen blackberries (if using frozen, do not thaw)
- 2 tablespoons poppyseeds
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon half and half cream
- Preheat oven to 375F. Lightly grease a 12-cup muffin tin. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk melted butter, sugar, sour cream, eggs, lemon juice, zest, and milk until smooth. Fold in flour, baking powder, and salt until batter is just combined. Fold in poppyseeds and blackberries.
- Fill muffin cups 3/4 full and smooth tops. Bake muffins at 375F 15-20 minutes until lightly browned. Cool muffins on a wire cooling rack then remove from pan.
- In a small bowl, whisk all glaze ingredients until smooth. Drizzle glaze over muffins. Enjoy!