Fresh strawberries get macerated with basil and piled high over toasted bread and creamy mascarpone. You won’t be able to get enough of this strawberry basil mascarpone bruschetta!
Take THREE on dessert-style bruschetta! Just in time for all your Mother’s Day brunching needs.
And really what brunch wouldn’t be THRILLED to have these adorable little strawberry basil mascarpone bruschetta? I’m thrilled just to be having them on a regular ol Friday.
I know it’s not quite strawberry season yet and I usually like to wait til the strawberries are at their peak, but I couldn’t resist this bruschetta. Also, it’s always mascarpone cheese season so there’s that?
Same deal for bread. Thank goodness bread season is all the seasons.
Okay, so this strawberry basil mascarpone cheese bruschetta is gonna be two things: a) the highlight of brunch b) the easiest part of brunch, no exaggeration. You’ll be banging these out in less than 10 minutes.
First up, dem berries. I will sing from the rooftops my fondness for the combo of basil + fruit. It’s seriously just about the most incredible thing. The fragrant basil is seriously BOMB with any type of juicy fruit. Step right up, strawberries.
Toast up some french bread slices and slather them with ALL the creamy mascarpone cheese. Then it’s berry time then bruschetta chow time.
Don’t turn your back on these little beauties because they have a highly annoying tendency to disappear on ya.
There is no resisting. THEY’RE SO DANG PRETTY.
Strawberry Basil Mascarpone Bruschetta
- 4 oz mascarpone cheese
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice, divided
- 1-1/2 cups sliced fresh strawberries
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/4 cup fresh minced basil
- 12 slices french bread
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- In a small bowl, beat mascarpone cheese, honey, and 1 tablespoon lemon juice until smooth. Set aside for a moment.
- In a small bowl, mash strawberries slightly with sugar and remaining 1 tablespoon lemon juice. Let stand 5 minutes until juices release, then stir in basil.
- Arrange french bread slices on a baking sheet and brush each slice with melted butter. Broil french bread on high 1 minute until toasted.
- Spread mascarpone mixture on toasted bread slices then top with strawberry mixture. Serve immediately and enjoy!