A sweet, sticky homemade sesame honey sauce coats EVERY inch of these loaded honey garlic chicken lettuce wraps! You can make them WAY ahead of time for easy lunches.
How many ways can I stuff a piece of lettuce? Let me count the ways.
And while I’m at it, might as well eat all the ways. Starting with approximately 34908 of these sesame honey garlic chicken lettuce wraps.
I’m sorry, but THIS FREAKING CHICKEN. I am strongly considering just putting it on everything and everything and definitely eating it by itself.
I throw a lettuce wrap in there to feel better about myself. That and it makes a pretty handy holder for holding literal piles of sesame garlic honey chicken. ??
THEEEESE. They are about the easiest thing ever to toss together. First up is the chicken which you could likely make in your sleep it’s so easy. Because of this fact you will be inclined to make it approximately every day. You’ve been properly warned.
Saute boneless skinless chicken thigh cubes with a little onion and garlic then make your sauce right in the same pan! A little honey, fresh grated ginger, soy sauce, etc. Throw a whooole bunch of green onions and sesame seeds in the pan and try not to “accidentally” fall facefirst into it.
Get that butter lettuce ready because it’s about to be filled with literal chicken heaven.
The absolute BEAUTY of these lettuce wraps is that you can totally make the chicken up way ahead of time and assemble them in the lettuce wraps right before eating.
Ask someone who knows. I totally did that all week with these honey garlic chicken lettuce wraps and suffice to say that was a pretty amazing week.
Sesame Honey Garlic Chicken Lettuce Wraps
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken thighs, cut into 1-in cubes
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger
- 1/3 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons coconut sugar (or brown sugar)
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch, mixed with 2 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 8 medium butter lettuce leaves
- In a medium skillet over medium-high heat, saute chicken, onion, and garlic in oil until chicken is no longer pink. Reduce heat to medium and stir in ginger, soy sauce, honey, sugar, vinegar, and cornstarch mixture
- Bring chicken and sauce to a low simmer over medium heat, stirring occasionally until sauce is thickened and bubbly. Remove from heat and stir in sesame seeds, parsley, and salt and pepper to taste. Cool chicken slightly
- Once chicken is cooled, spoon into butter lettuce leaves and serve immediately. Enjoy!