Tangy orange and flavorful basil are a game-changing combo in this sweet, saucy sugar snap pea chicken stir-fry! Add this winner to your stir-fry rotation.
Yes, my stir-fry rotation is consisting solely of this sugar snap pea chicken stir-fry, thanks for asking.
A rotating door of saucy orange basil chicken GOLD for the rest of all time. Peace.
I’m a HUGE fan of 90% green hanging out in my chicken stir-fries so sugar snap peas and huge leaves of fresh basil were a no-brainer here. Anything orange is also BOMB especially if it involves both juice and actual fresh orange wedges.
You will want nothing less than the whole entire pan of this for yourself.
There are literally ZERO fancy ingredients involved with this sugar snap pea chicken stir-fry today, guys. For me, that’s just how stir-fries should be. Easy, every-day ingredients you always have on hand for when those weeknight stir-fry cravings start hittin’.
The first components are chicken, onion, garlic, fresh ginger, and sugar snap peas. You’re gonna saute ’em all up in the same pan and then it’s time to make some literal sauce MAGIC. >>>
Soy sauce, orange juice, white vinegar, sugar, and cornstarch are the few but mighty ingredients that make the game-changer sauce that coats every inch of the tender chicken and veggies. Throw a wedged orange + a huuuuge pile of basil leaves into the party and try not to actually swoon into the pan.
Of course, the only way to eat this killer stir-fry is piled over ALL THE MOUNTAINS of fluffy rice. With tons more sauce drizzled on top, because it’s friggin goals, ok?
And the goal is to eat as much of this as humanly possible.
Orange Basil Sugar Snap Pea Chicken Stir-Fry
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken thighs, cut into 1-in cubes
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 cups sugar snap peas
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1/3 cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 1/3 cup coconut sugar (or brown sugar)
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch, mixed with 2 tablespoons water
- 1 large orange, peeled and cut into 1in sections
- 4-6 torn fresh basil leaves
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Hot rice for serving
- In a medium skillet over medium-high heat, saute chicken and onion in oil until chicken is nearly cooked (still slightly pink) Add sugar snap peas and cook an additional few minutes until tender. Add ginger and garlic and saute 1 additional minute. Reduce heat to low.
- In a small bowl, whisk orange juice, soy sauce, vinegar, sugar, and cornstarch water mixture until smooth. Add to chicken mixture and increase heat to medium. Cook stirring occasionally until sauce is bubbly and thickened.
- Add orange segments and basil leaves to stir-fry and season with salt and pepper to taste. Serve hot over rice and enjoy!