A spicy homemade blackened seasoning coats every inch of this grilled blackened steak that’s served with a zippy charred corn avocado salsa piled over top!
THIS right here is the steak of summer, you guys. Yes, I’m saying that about about 4 billion things right now.
No, I’m not exaggerating in the slightest. STEAK OF SUMMAH. With an extra gallon of charred corn avo salsa, please.
This about the easiest summer food you could ever DREAM of throwing on the table this week. Everyone loves it when weekend-ish food like steak is easy enough for everyday dinner fare.
Also this salsa. Helloooooooo to the thing that I am covering every inch of everything with all summer.
For me, the secret sauce for any good summer steak begins with the spice rub. The blackened rub I use for this steak is a KEEPER recipe that’s also bomb on chicken or fish. It’s smoky, spicy, and uses simple pantry spices! Make a big batch now and put it on everything.
Rub it ALL over every inch of your steaks and then you can choose to either pan-sear them on the stove in a bit of oil or grill ’em. I prefer grilling when I can cause it adds to the overall summah experience.
And charred corn avocado salsa adds to the whole NOM experience. For obvious reasons.
Nothings screams summer more than a big ‘ol juicy summer steak piled with ALL the summer fixins’ like this. It will SERIOUSLY melt in your mouth it’s so tender.
This blackened steak is on repeat all summer, guys. It just is.
Blackened Steak with Charred Corn Avocado Salsa
- 2 medium flat iron steaks
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoons ground paprika
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground pepper
Charred Corn Avocado Salsa
- 2 ears corn, husks and silk removed
- 2 medium avocados, pitted and diced
- 1 small jalapeno, finely minced
- 1 small sweet pepper, finely diced
- 3 tablespoons fresh minced cilantro
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Pat steaks dry and rub all over with olive oil. Let stand 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine all spices. Rub evenly over both sides of steaks. Grill or pan-sear steaks over medium-high heat 3-4 minutes per side until meat reaches your desired degree of doneness. Let steaks stand 10 minutes.
Charred Corn Avocado Salsa
- Grill husked corn over medium-high heat until corn is slightly charred. Let cool slightly then cut corn kernels off the cob.
- In a small bowl, combine charred corn, avocado, jalapeno, cilantro, lime juice, cumin, and salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve steaks hot with salsa piled on top and slice against the grain. Enjoy!
Brittany Audra @ Audra's Appetite says
Love how this is all made on the grill!! And so colorful too 🙂
Madison Lane says
Mouthwatering! It looks like it came straight out of a cook book! 🙂