Juicy grilled barbecue chicken, a creamy barbecue dressing, and all the caprese fixins’ make for one KILLER grilled BBQ chicken caprese salad you’ll want on standby all summer!
Believe me when I say that YOU 100% DEFINITELY want this killer caprese salad on the menu all summer long.
10/10 would recommend drowning every inch of it in creamy barbecue dressing and possibly taking a bath in it too. Pardon the weirdness, but this salad is an actual bbq-lover’s dream come true.
There’s also caprese squeezed in there somewhere, I promise. For all mah mozz cheese lovers.
Are we all ridiculously excited for THE BEST SALAD OF SUMMAH yet?? This is already my standby, guys. It’s hot here and salads are all I can handle.
SO. Step numero uno in getting to BBQ chicken caprese salad bliss: Get those chix ready for the grill. We’re just gonna do a standard BBQ grilling for a few chicken breasts. You can use storebought or homemade sauce. Just be aware that you’ll need a LOT of it cause it’s going on the chicken and in the dressing.
Next is all da other salad fixings. I grill up a few corn-on-the-cobs because why the heck not?? Slice up a few juicy tomatoes, a handful of basil, a truckload of fresh mozz, etc, etc. Maybe throw some greens in there too, huh?
DRESSING. Say hello to the thing you’ll be drinking with a straw. It’s just barbecue sauce, sour cream, a little milk, and seasonings. Drench it over every inch of this salad and I really mean DO NOT MISS AN INCH.
This one is gonna be a hit anywhere you take it this summer, guys, promise. You are about to turn all those hamburger/hot dog people at the cookout into salad people.
No easy feat, trust me I know.
Grilled BBQ Chicken Caprese Salad
- 1-1/2 lbs boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 1/2 cup homemade or storebought barbecue sauce
- 3 ears corn, husks and silk removed
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 cups chopped romaine lettuce
- 2 large tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 1/2 lb fresh mozzarella cheese, sliced
- 1/4 cup torn fresh basil leaves
Creamy BBQ Dressing
- 1/3 cup barbecue sauce
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1-2 tablespoons milk
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Pat chicken dry with paper towels and spread both sides of each thigh with a little bit of sauce (reserve 1/4 cup of sauce for grilling)
- Grill chicken on a medium-high grill, turning once and brushing with additional sauce while cooking until chicken registers 160F. Transfer to a cutting board to cool. Once cooled, cut into cubes
- Brush corn with olive oil and grill over medium-high heat until corn is slightly charred. Cool then cut corn kernels off the cob.
- In a large serving bowl, combine lettuce, tomatoes, cheese, basil, BBQ chicken, and corn. Set aside while you prepare the dressing.
Creamy BBQ Dressing
- In a small bowl, whisk all dressing ingredients until smooth drizzling consistency. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Pour dressing over salad and toss to combine. Serve immediately and enjoy!