Melt-in-your-mouth tender white fish is marinated in a chipotle yogurt marinade then seared to perfection and piled high into these fish taco rice bowls with tons of zippy mango salsa!
Let us mark this day as THE FREAKING DAY that fish tacos officially got married to rice bowls. Creating the amazing union known as fish taco rice bowls.
With just a Mt. Everest-sized mountain of mango salsa piled somewhere in there. No big deal, except it actually is.
If you’re not in touch with your summer side yet, THESE fish taco rice bowls are about to sure as heck make that happen. That bowl up there has your name written all over it. ^^^
HECK YES. We haven’t done a good fish dish here in so long so we’re going all out with these loaded bowls, guys. Hope your Monday is hungry after all that Father’s Day cookout food.
Alright, so if we’re gonna make some killer fish taco bowls, we’d better start off with some killer fish. I like to use a simple white fish like cod with these and then make a freaking awesome marinade for them. It’s a zippy chipotle yogurt marinade that is literally the most heavenly thing you could ever soak a little fish fillet in.
Let your cod fillets soak for about an hour at least and then pat them dry and pan-sear them on both sides. (you could also grill them!!)
Meanwhile, during that hour of marinading time you’ll have plenty of time to prep all your other rice bowl necessities which requires a) a kickin’ awesome mango salsa b) HUGE piles of fluffy white rice c) all the other rice bowl basics such as lettuce, black beans, sour cream, etc. WHATEVER you fancy in your rice bowl works just dandy here.
The absolute beauty of these fish taco rice bowls is that they double duty as both an AMAZING make-ahead meal to eat cold, or you can totally heat ’em up and eat it piping hot. However you choose, it shall be amazing.
No, it’s not just you, I think we’re all about ready to dive straight into ALL that fishy goodness.
Happy freakin’ Monday, fish taco lovers. <3
Chipotle Fish Taco Rice Bowls with Mango Salsa
This recipe may included paid links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn a commission from qualifying purchases.
- 1-1/2 lbs white cod or other white fish
- 1/2 cup greek yogurt
- 2 tablespoons minced chipotle in adobo sauce
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 large mango, peeled, pitted and diced
- 1 small jalapeno, minced
- 1 tablespoon minced chipotle in adobo sauce
- 1 small sweet pepper, diced
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 cups hot cooked rice
- 1 cup chopped lettuce
- 1 cup canned black beans, drained
- Sour cream and additional minced fresh cilantro for serving
- Pat fish dry with a towel and set aside. In a medium bowl, whisk yogurt, chipotle, lime juice, seasonings, and salt and pepper to taste.
- Place fish fillets in yogurt marinade, making sure they are evenly covered. Let stand 30-45 minutes at room temperature in marinade.
- Remove fish from marinade and pat dry. Heat a medium skillet over medium high heat, then add olive oil. Lay fish fillets in pan and sear 2-3 minutes on each side, turning once until golden brown. Transfer fish to a cutting board and let cool, then cut into cubes and keep warm.
- In a medium bowl, combine all salsa ingredients and season with salt and pepper to taste. Set aside for a moment.
- Divide hot cooked rice between serving bowls and top with chopped lettuce, beans, fish, and mango salsa. Garnish bowls with sour cream and additional fresh cilantro. Serve immediately and enjoy!