This sun-dried tomato goat cheese stuffed chicken is packed with tender sun-dried tomatoes and spinach, creamy goat cheese, and drizzled with an INSANELY flavorful chimichurri sauce.
THE most Monday-worthy chicken in all the land, guys. Go ahead and contemplate how the heck goat cheese, sun-dried tomatoes, and chimichurri couldn’t brighten up your dinner life tonight.
Go ahead and faceplant into all that goat cheese stuffed chicken goodness. It just seems appropriate.
For me, summers aren’t always just about nonstop grilling everything on the face of the planet. Weekdays still exist and they still call for EASY PEASY chicken dinners that can be made with easy ingredients and minimal prep time.
You know what else is an automatic win? Goat cheese. It’s literally everywhere here and there is literally no reason for you not to be obsessed right now.
SO. I know that stuffed chicken may seem daunting to make, but I PROMISE it’s honestly just so easy. Check it out, there’s THREE parts to this goat cheese stuffed chicken. >>>
- Cut a small slit in each chicken breast then pan-sear them on both sides. I do this step a little opposite then most stuffed chicken recipes because I pan-sear the chicken before stuffing it to prevent hassle of pan-searing while trying to keep your filling inside. A reader suggested I try it this way a few months ago and my mind was BLOWN by how much easier it is.
- FILLING! Garlic, butter, spinach, and the sun-dried tomatoes get a quick little saute until the spinach is wilted then stuff ALL dat goodness inside your chicken breasts. Continue stuffing with copious amounts of goat cheese. Back to the oven for a bit and we are DONE with basically the hardest part here.
- However, chimichurri sauce is so NOT optional here. It adds such an amazing punch of fresh herby flavor that I literally drowned my goat cheese stuffed chicken with. It’s so freaking fantastic.
The goat cheese gets incredibly creamy while it bakes and seriously melds so perfectly with the garlicky spinach and sun-dried tomatoes. I’d be lying if I said that I didn’t take more than my fair share of chimichurri sauce to top these beauties with.
Hello, dinner BEAUTY!!!! <3 <3
Sun-Dried Tomato Goat Cheese Stuffed Chicken with Chimichurri Sauce
- 3 medium boneless skinless chicken breasts (about 1-1/2 lbs)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cups baby spinach
- 1/2 cup oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes
- 1/2 cup crumbled goat cheese
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup flat-leaf parsley
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 tablespoon agave syrup
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- Pound chicken to 1/2-in thickness and carefully cut a little pocket 3/4 of the way through each breast. Season chicken on both sides with salt and pepper.
- Melt butter in a medium skillet over medium-high heat. Sear chicken in butter 3-4 minutes per side, flipping once until chicken is golden brown (chicken will not be fully cooked yet) Transfer to a baking pan.
- In same skillet over medium heat, saute garlic in drippings until fragrant. Add spinach and sun-dried tomatoes and cook until spinach is wilted. Remove from heat.
- Stuff seared chicken breasts with sun-dried tomato/spinach filling and crumbled goat cheese. Bake chicken at 375F 20-25 minutes until chicken registers 160F. Keep warm and set aside for a moment.
- Place parsley, lemon juice, garlic, and agave in a food processor. Pulse several times while drizzling olive oil through top until sauce is thick and smooth, scraping down sides as necessary. Season sauce with salt and pepper to taste and red pepper flakes.
- Serve stuffed chicken hot with chimichurri sauce drizzled on top and enjoy!