Summer-fresh strawberries and peaches join forces in this streusel-covered strawberry peach crumb buckle that’s a perfect summer coffee cake or dessert!
Forget about ice cream being your fallback summer dessert. I’ve got just about the best thing ever pushing and shoving for a spot on your summer eats agenda.
It involves juicy as heck peaches. Sweet summer strawberries. Buttery-moist cake. HUGE piles of crumb topping weighing everything down. <<< all piled into one glorious strawberry peach crumb buckle.
Literally. THIS is like summer in a pan right here and you sure as heck will have no self-control around this goodness.
And you know what? It’s so freaking fantastic you won’t even care.
To start off, let me educate you a little bit on a buckle. Not quite like a crisp and not quite like a cake either. It’s a little mish-mash of both of them and it is quite incredible. Check it out, THREE layers –>
- Cake layer. It’s just your basic coffee cake dough with all da cake basics like sugar, eggs, flour, etc. Simple, buttery, moist and GOOD.
- Fruit layer. Find the juiciest peaches and strawberries you can get your hands on and toss them with sugar and lemon juice.
- CRUMBBBBBS. There’s a lot of it here because a buckle needs it so the cake and fruit layer “buckle” under the weight of the crumb topping. Zero complaints here in streusel-lover land.
This is real life, guys. All of this is what you get in this strawberry peach crumb buckle and excitement just goes with the territory.
PSA: if you can’t give up the ice cream for this, my pro tip is to compromise and put a big ol’ scoop on top of a thick slice of warm strawberry peach crumb buckle. TO DIE FOR.
Welcome to your summer bliss. ♥
Strawberry Peach Crumb Buckle
Strawberry Peach Filling
- 3 cups fresh strawberries, sliced
- 3 medium peaches, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 3/4 cup coconut sugar (or brown sugar)
- 1/3 cup melted butter
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup greek yogurt
- 2/3 cup milk
- 1-1/2 cups white whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup white whole wheat flour
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar (or brown sugar)
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3 tablespoons melted butter
Strawberry Peach Filling
- In a medium bowl, combine all filling ingredients. Let sit and macerate in the sugar while you prepare the batter.
- Preheat oven to 350F. Lightly grease a 9×13 baking pan. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, beat sugar and melted butter until smooth. Whisk in eggs, vanilla, yogurt, and milk until smooth. Gradually fold in flour, baking powder, and salt until batter is smooth.
- Scrape batter into prepared pan and smooth top. Spoon strawberry peach mixture evenly over top.
- In small bowl, combine all topping ingredients until crumbly. Evenly sprinkle over strawberry peach filling.
- Bake buckle at 350F 25-30 minutes or until golden-brown and a toothpick tests done. Let cool completely on a wire cooling rack then slice into squares and serve. Enjoy!