Summer-fresh strawberries and peaches join forces in this streusel-covered strawberry peach crumb buckle that’s a perfect summer coffee cake or dessert!
Forget about ice cream being your fallback summer dessert. I’ve got just about the best thing ever pushing and shoving for a spot on your summer eats agenda.
It involves juicy as heck peaches. Sweet summer strawberries. Buttery-moist cake. HUGE piles of crumb topping weighing everything down. <<< all piled into one glorious strawberry peach crumb buckle.
Literally. THIS is like summer in a pan right here and you sure as heck will have no self-control around this goodness.
And you know what? It’s so freaking fantastic you won’t even care.
To start off, let me educate you a little bit on a buckle. Not quite like a crisp and not quite like a cake either. It’s a little mish-mash of both of them and it is quite incredible. Check it out, THREE layers –>
- Cake layer. It’s just your basic coffee cake dough with all da cake basics like sugar, eggs, flour, etc. Simple, buttery, moist and GOOD.
- Fruit layer. Find the juiciest peaches and strawberries you can get your hands on and toss them with sugar and lemon juice.
- CRUMBBBBBS. There’s a lot of it here because a buckle needs it so the cake and fruit layer “buckle” under the weight of the crumb topping. Zero complaints here in streusel-lover land.
This is real life, guys. All of this is what you get in this strawberry peach crumb buckle and excitement just goes with the territory.
PSA: if you can’t give up the ice cream for this, my pro tip is to compromise and put a big ol’ scoop on top of a thick slice of warm strawberry peach crumb buckle. TO DIE FOR.
Welcome to your summer bliss. ♥
Strawberry Peach Crumb Buckle
Summer-fresh strawberries and peaches join forces in this streusel-covered strawberry peach crumb buckle that's a perfect summer coffee cake or dessert!
Strawberry Peach Filling
- 3 cups fresh strawberries, sliced
- 3 medium peaches, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 3/4 cup coconut sugar (or brown sugar)
- 1/3 cup melted butter
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup greek yogurt
- 2/3 cup milk
- 1-1/2 cups white whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup white whole wheat flour
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar (or brown sugar)
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3 tablespoons melted butter
Strawberry Peach Filling
In a medium bowl, combine all filling ingredients. Let sit and macerate in the sugar while you prepare the batter.
Preheat oven to 350F. Lightly grease a 9x13 baking pan. Set aside.
In a medium bowl, beat sugar and melted butter until smooth. Whisk in eggs, vanilla, yogurt, and milk until smooth. Gradually fold in flour, baking powder, and salt until batter is smooth.
Scrape batter into prepared pan and smooth top. Spoon macerated rhubarb-peach mixture over top.
In small bowl, combine all topping ingredients until crumbly. Evenly sprinkle over strawberry peach filling.
Bake buckle at 350F 25-30 minutes or until golden-brown and a toothpick tests done. Let cool completely on a wire cooling rack then slice into squares and serve. Enjoy!