Only ONE sheet pan required for this summery sweet corn summer squash breakfast hash! Packed with tender veggies, crispy potatoes, and beautiful sunny-side up eggs.
Breakfast is looking about as summery as it gets around here!
This hash is flaunting the best parts of summer all wrapped into one sheet pan breakfast. It’s kind of glorious.
And it’s conveniently going to help you use up any extra summer produce you’ve got hanging around the kitchen!
Sometimes it’s a challenge figuring out what to do with an overabundance of summer produce, but this breakfast hash takes care of a big chunk of it!
And if you’re as big a fan of weekend breakfast hashes as we are, you’re going to love this simplified sheet pan version.
This Summer Squash Breakfast Hash features…
- Tender zucchini and summer squash
- Crispy roasted potatoes
- Tender sweet corn kernels
- Perfectly cooked sunny-side up eggs
- Made completely on a sheet pan with no stovetop frying needed!
Making the Summer Squash Breakfast Hash
(scroll down to the bottom of post for the full recipe)
Ingredients You Will Need
- Summer squash
- Yellow onion
- Russet potatoes
- Sweet corn
- Green onions
- Parmesan cheese
- Unsalted butter
Choosing Your Sheet Pan Size
We recommend a half sheet pan for this recipe which will be 18×13 inches. This larger sheet pan gives the hash ingredients plenty of room to cook in a single layer so they cook up crispy.
If you don’t have a half sheet pan in your kitchen, you can use two quarter sheet pans (9-1/2×13 inches) and divide the hash between both sheet pans.
Tips for Perfect Sheet Pan Hash
- Cut hash ingredients into uniform sizes – take care to cut the summer squash, zucchini, and potatoes into uniform 1/2-in cubes. This will help everything cook evenly.
- Bake at a high temperature – a 400F oven will cook the hash fast and will help everything brown and crisp up nicely.
- Spread hash ingredients in a single layer – give the hash ingredients plenty of space to cook to avoid steaming and help them cook up crispy.
- Flip hash halfway through cooking – this evenly cooks the hash and helps both sides brown evenly.
- Crack eggs into hash – use a spoon to form 4 little “nests” in hash and carefully crack an egg into each one. Return the hash to the oven to continue baking until the eggs are set.
- Top hash with green onions and Parmesan – you can also add some fresh minced herbs or use your favorite cheese!
This hash is just a big summer flavor bomb, y’all. It has a little sweetness from the corn, a good balance of savory from the zucchini and summer squash, and the perfect level of heartiness from the roasted potatoes.
Summer breakfasts don’t get much easier (or more gorgeous to look at) than this!
Save this recipe using the ‘save to recipe box’ button below. If you make it, please let us know! Leave a comment + star rating below, or take a photo and tag it on Instagram with #wholeandheavenlyoven.
More savory breakfasts to try next!
Sheet Pan Sweet Corn Summer Squash Breakfast Hash
This recipe may included paid links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn a commission from qualifying purchases.
- 1 small yellow onion, finely diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 medium summer squash, cut into 1/2-in cubes
- 1 medium zucchini, cut into 1/2-in cubes
- 2 medium russet potatoes, cut into 1/2-in cubes
- 3 ears corn, husks and silk removed and kernels cut off the cob
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 4 large eggs
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup sliced green onions
- Preheat oven to 400F. Spray an 18×13 sheet pan with cooking spray and set aside for a moment.
- In a large bowl, combine onion, garlic, summer squash, zucchini, potatoes, corn, and melted butter. Season with salt and pepper to taste
- Arrange vegetables on prepared sheet pan, spacing out as much as possible. Roast hash at 400F 35-40 minutes until vegetables are tender, stirring once halfway through baking.
- Remove pan from oven and make 4 "nests" in hash. Carefully crack an egg into each nest. Return pan to oven and bake 5-8 additional minutes until egg is set.
- Sprinkle hash with Parmesan cheese and green onions. Serve warm and enjoy!
For a step-by-step guide to making this recipe, check out the video!
This post was updated with new photos and recipe notes on 4/27/22.