Juicy summer peaches and a tangy balsamic glaze take this caprese pizza WAY up a notch in the summer department! Perfect for a summer pizza night.
Just in case you were wondering if summer peaches belong on your caprese pizza, the answer is an obnoxious HECK YEAH!
I’m definitely biased because peaches are my all-time favorite fruit, but this pizza is insanely freaking good. As if caprese piled on top of your pizza wasn’t amazing ENOUGH, we gotta throw juicy peaches + tangy balsamic reduction glaze into the party. Priorities.
Mere words cannot even describe how ridiculous the juicy sweet peaches are with a) Melty fresh mozzarella b) Soft, chewy pizza crust c) Piles of fresh basil d) A luscious flavorful balsamic glaze.
Peaches, you’ve just found your forever summer home. It’s on caprese pizza. ♥
We’ve only really got around THREE components to this pizza. Crust, toppings, glaze. As far as crust goes, you can make your own or go the easy route and just use storebought. Anything goes here!
Toppings include fresh mozz cheese, ripe (yet slightly firm) sliced peaches, and a few torn basil leaves. Literally NOTHING fancy here, but this trio of flavors is mind-blowing. I like to throw the basil on after the pizza comes out of the oven so it gets a little wilty on the hot cheese, but doesn’t lose it’s fresh flavor.
The balsamic glaze is literally just one ingredient: BALSAMIC. Let it reduce down by about half right on the stovetop where it’ll turn into this thick, sweet, and tangy glaze that trust me, you will want to drizzle into EVERY spare space of this caprese pizza.
Ohhhh heck yes, summer eats are right here. August, you’re looking good in the ‘za department.
And I’m looking to fall facefirst into that picture perfect slice RIGHT THERE >>>
Balsamic Peach Caprese Pizza
This recipe may included paid links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn a commission from qualifying purchases.
- Prepared pizza dough for one 12-in pizza
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1 tablespoon dried basil
- 8 oz fresh thinly sliced mozzarella
- 2 ripe yet slightly firm peaches, pit removed and thinly sliced
- 8-10 small basil leaves, torn into bite-sized pieces
- 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 425F. Roll pizza dough out to fit a 12-in pizza pan. Set aside for a moment.
- In a small saucepan over medium heat, heat olive oil until shimmery then add garlic and saute 1-2 minutes until fragrant. Add red pepper and basil and cook 1 additional minute.
- Remove olive oil mixture from heat and brush all over prepared pizza dough. Arrange mozzarella in a single layer on pizza dough and top with sliced peaches and basil leaves. Season pizza with salt and pepper to taste.
- Bake pizza at 425F 25-30 minutes, rotating pan once until crust is a deep golden brown and cheese is browned and bubbly.
- While the pizza bakes, pour vinegar in a small saucepan and heat over medium-high heat until simmering. Reduce heat to medium-low and let simmer until balsamic is reduced in half and thickened into a thick glaze.
- Drizzle balsamic glaze over pizza and cut into slices. Serve immediately and enjoy!