Creamy goat cheese and ULTRA-juicy heirloom tomatoes join forces and take these summery open-faced goat cheese bagel sandwiches to the next level!
Clinging to the remains of summer with everything we got around here this week, guys. This. Is. Tomato. Season.
And would it even be honoring this incredible season of tomatoes if we didn’t make a freaking awesome breakfast sandwich that’s about 90% tomatoes.
Don’t be scared, the remaining 10% is pesto, goat cheese, and bagel. I’m not entirely crazy.
Unless you count being crazy about open-faced heirloom tomato goat cheese bagel sandwiches. Also, I would dare you to say that 10x fast but I’d much rather dare you to EAT this magnificence 10x fast. Pick door number 2 for best results.
These heirloom tomato goat cheese bagel sandwiches are seriously SUCH a breeze to make, it’s almost embarrassing to call this a recipe. Here’s your basic sandwich construction blueprints. >>
- Bagel base. Go with your favorite here! I’m always an asiago fan, all day all night for the rest of my life.
- Goat cheese. I go with a simple goat cheese spread that is very hard to not eat with a spoon. We welcome it with open arms here.
- Lastly and most importantly, the esteemed heirloom tomatoes. Pick your prettiest and JUICIEST slices and tower them high. This bagel sandwich is messy and that’s important because it ain’t summer if you don’t have tomato juice attractively running down your chin.
- Hey, let’s throw a pile of fresh basil on top of this beauty too cause why the heck not??
And that, friends, is how we make an open-faced sandwich that is very much deserving of the title “GO-TO SUMMAH SAMMY”
Go-to meaning every morning. Every afternoon and night too, I won’t judge.
Open-Faced Heirloom Tomato Goat Cheese Bagel Sandwiches
This recipe may included paid links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn a commission from qualifying purchases.
- 3 plain bagels, split in half and toasted
- 1/3 cup spreadable goat cheese
- 1/2 cup baby spinach leaves
- 3 medium heirloom tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup prepared basil pesto
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh basil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Spread split bagels with goat cheese and arrange spinach leaves on top. Top with heirloom tomatoes and drizzle with pesto. Sprinkle fresh basil and salt and pepper to taste on top. Serve bagel sandwiches warm and enjoy!