Incredibly soft and loaded with fall flavors, this pumpkin mocha swirl quick bread is one for the fall record books! Nothing beats that luscious swirl of mocha.
Did someone say freakin’ PUMPKIN SEASON?? More like pumpkin season meets mocha season meets BREAD season which is literally all the time.
Thank the Lord for that, right? And obviously thank him for things like pumpkin mocha swirl quick bread while you’re at it.
This is no drill, guys. Yes, that is an ultra-soft, incredibly fall loaf of pumpkin bread. With a big ‘ol swirl of chocolate + coffee down the middle. It’s a thing of pure beauty, I know.
It’s a thing of pure magic when you accidentally make that entire loaf disappear within minutes.
Literally NOTHING super fancy here today, guys. It looks like fancy bakery food, I know but ANYONE can do this, I promise you that.
We’ve got just a basic pumpkin bread batter with all the basics like pumpkin (obviously), eggs, sugar, spices, etc. Keepin’ it basic and easy.
That swirl? Literally just melted chocolate + espresso. Swirl it down the middle of the batter and literally just go crazy. Get it everywhere because it’s freaking aaaaamazing stuff.
And oh.my.goooosh. The pumpkin bread bakes up super moist and soft. And that ribbon of chocolate stays gooey and loaded with coffee flavors. Suffice to say, you need a steaming cup of coffee close by when you go to demolish this loaf.
Solo or with friends. You choose but know in your heart the correct choice.
Pumpkin Mocha Swirl Quick Bread
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup brewed espresso
- Preheat oven to 350F. Line a 9x5 loaf pan with parchment paper, letting it hang over the sides. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk melted butter, sugar, yogurt, pumpkin, eggs, sugar, and vanilla until smooth. Whisk in flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, and pumpkin pie spice until batter is smooth. Scrape half of batter into prepared pan and gently smooth top. Set aside for a moment.
- In a small bowl, combine semisweet chips and espresso. Microwave 30 seconds until slightly melted, stir and return to microwave until melted.
- Swirl half of mocha mixture into bread, then top with remaining batter and swirl remaining mocha mixture on top.
- Bake bread at 350F 45-50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in middle comes out clean. Cool bread completely, then remove from pan to a cooling rack. Slice bread and enjoy!