Impossibly soft and pillowy restaurant-style garlic herb naan bread is SUPER easy to make at home and the best side to any curry or rice dish!
I feel it’s necessary to shout from the rooftops that RESTAURANT-STYLE NAAN BREAD IS HERE!!! In all it’s soft, pillowy, stacked-high glory.
You are going to want to stack this naan bread approximately rooftop-high, lemme tell you that fact….
Guys, this naan bread is reason for really ridiculous excitement especially for me. I haven’t made a good naan bread since culinary school and I had forgotten how a) freaking EASY it is b) how freaking incredible it is.
Like literally. This is one of those breads that you just slather up with ALL the garlic herb butter and sit down and demolish in one swift blow. No prior experience necessary.
The beauty of naan bread is that even though it’s a yeast bread, it’s one of the less involved yeast breads that only requires one rise time and doesn’t actually get baked, rather we’re gonna pan-fry it.
And then, ya know just gonna keep it basic and cover it in overboard amounts of garlic herb butter.
Can I tell you something? The golden exterior covered in butter and the fluffy inside that literally melts in your mouth is what makes this naan bread the freaking best thing you will ever fast and furiously shove in your face.
I would go so far as to say that this garlic herb butter naan bread is even better than any Indian restaurant. There, I said it.
Obviously you need a kick-butt curry to go with your kick-butt naan bread. May I suggest this one??
Restaurant-Style Garlic Herb Naan Bread
This recipe may included paid links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn a commission from qualifying purchases.
- 2 teaspoons active dry yeast
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1/2 cup warm water (110F)
- 1/4 cup, plus 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 cup plain yogurt
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups white whole wheat flour
- 2 tablespoons butter
Garlic Herb Butter
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons fresh minced parsley
- Kosher salt and pepper to taste
- In a medium bowl, dissolve yeast and sugar in warm water. Let stand for 10 minutes until foamy. Mix in 1/4 cup olive oil, egg, and yogurt until smooth. Add salt and flour, stirring until a soft dough comes together.
- Place dough in a greased bowl and cover with plastic wrap. Let rise at room temperature 1 hour or until doubled in size.
- Punch risen dough down and divide into 12 equal pieces. On a floured surface roll out each piece to 1/2-in thickness. Set aside for a moment.
- Place remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil and butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Once pan is hot, working in batches, lay rolled out naan bread pieces in skillet and cook 1-2 minutes on each side until golden. Repeat with remaining naan. Keep naan warm and set aside.
Garlic Herb Butter
- In a small saucepan over medium heat, melt butter then add garlic and herbs cooking 1-2 minutes until fragrant. Brush butter over warm naan and sprinkle with kosher salt and pepper to taste. Serve naan warm and enjoy!