Three layers of soft maple cake, tender sauteed apples, and buttery crumb topping collide in this indulgent maple pecan apple buckle that’s perfect for ANY fall occasion!
If you’re not actively searching for the answer of making all your fall dreams become a reality…..you better not tap into this maple pecan apple buckle today.
I’m on XXL slice #3 currently so consider me a lost cause.
Holy heck, it’s fall dessert GOALS up in here today. We’ve got maples, we got ‘dem apples, we’ve got pecans + streusel, and it’s all wrapped up into a buckle that doubles duty as dessert or breakfast.
I gotcha covered my dessert-for-breakfast lovin’ peeps. Anything flies here today.
As per my previous announcement, these little fall buckle beauties are boasting not one, not two, but THREE luxurious layers to them. That’s the beauty of a buckle, friends. It’s basically layer upon layer of cake, fruit, and streusel. Literally nothing not to love and eat over-the-top amounts of.
Regardless of the layer-age, this maple pecan apple buckle is SUPER fast prep time. The cake batter whips up in no time, the apple filling is just simple spiced + sauteed apples, and the pecan streusel is easy-peasy and ready within moments.
Layer it all up in the following order: >> cake batter >> apple filling >> all the streusel you can possibly fit on top.
Taking it completely over the top would be drizzling these beauties with some good maple syrup. Then grabbing your hot coffee and treating yourself to the fall luxury you deserve.
That’s approximately 13 slices of this maple pecan apple buckle you deserve, btw. ♥
Maple Pecan Apple Buckle
This recipe may included paid links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn a commission from qualifying purchases.
- 3 medium baking apples, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup coconut sugar (or brown sugar)
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar (or brown sugar)
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/3 cup melted butter
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup greek yogurt
- 2/3 cup buttermilk
- 1-1/2 cups white whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup white whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar (or brown sugar)
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3 tablespoons melted butter
- Extra maple syrup for drizzling
- In a medium saucepan, combine all filling ingredients and saute apples over medium-high heat until crisp tender. Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 350F. Lightly grease a 9x13 baking pan. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, beat sugar, syrup, and melted butter until smooth. Whisk in eggs, vanilla, yogurt, and milk until smooth. Gradually fold in flour, baking powder, and salt until batter is smooth.
- Scrape batter into prepared pan and smooth top. Spoon apple mixture over top.
- In small bowl, combine all topping ingredients until crumbly. Evenly sprinkle over apple filling.
- Bake buckle at 350F 25-30 minutes or until golden-brown and a toothpick tests done. Let cool completely on a wire cooling rack then drizzle with maple syrup if desired. Slice into squares and serve. Enjoy!