Flavorful sausage bits and a creamy spinach alfredo sauce transform your typical baked ziti into this incredibly comforting spinach white alfredo sausage ziti.
To be perfectly honest with you, I could give or take a standard red sauce ziti. HOWEVER…..shove a pan of ziti in my face that’s covered in a spinach white alfredo sauce + sausage + cheese for daaays and you’ve got a taker.
And by taker I mean I’m actually taking it and running.
So what we’ve got up there is a pure cozy food masterpiece. Ziti noodles are layered between a garlicky Parmesan alfredo sauce with fresh baby spinach, browned sausage bits, and creamy mozzarella cheese.
Yes, it is possible to die from food happiness. Yes, it very well could happen here with this white alfredo sausage ziti.
You can and WILL be pulling off this white alfredo sausage ziti in less than an hour and I am BETTING you have all the ingredients in the house. Even if you don’t, this recipe is super adaptable as well. Don’t have sausage in the house? Leftover chicken works wonders here. Don’t have ziti pasta? Literally any shape or size of pasta will do the job.
The only actual requirement is that you don’t go light on the cheese. Cause you wanna get that sick cheese pull obviously. See my sad photo attempt above.
I don’t know about you but holiday season/finals season requires cozy food + EASY STUFF. This white alfredo sausage ziti is an actual representation of what my dinner scene is looking like now up until graduation Saturday. Havin’ a long week or an even longer semester? ZITI IS THE ANSWER.
And with that, commence.diving.in.
Baked Spinach White Alfredo Sausage Ziti
White Alfredo Sauce
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 cup half and half
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 12 oz ziti pasta, cooked according to package instructions
- 1/2 lb crumbled cooked sausage
- 2 cups baby spinach leaves
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
White Alfredo Sauce
- In a medium saucepan over medium heat, melt butter then add garlic and saute until fragrant, about 1 minute. Whisk in flour until smooth and cook until a light golden brown.
- Slowly whisk in half in half and milk and bring sauce to a low simmer over medium heat until slightly thickened. Remove from heat and add Parmesan, nutmeg, and salt and pepper to taste.
- In a greased 9x13 baking pan, layer cooked ziti noodles, sausage, spinach, and sauce into 2 even layers. Top with cheeses. Bake ziti at 375F 20-25 minutes until golden brown. Cool 10 minutes and then serve hot. Enjoy!
Leave a Reply