Spicy green chile pulled chicken and a creamy white alfredo sauce are a DREAMY combo in these cozy, cheesy green chile chicken enchiladas! Use leftover chicken for MAXIMUM ease.
Yes, I’m aware you are probably in a cookie coma right now. Believe me, I’m in the same boat. Which is why…..
….Green chile chicken enchiladas are in da houseeeeee!
Yes, we are counteracting cookie sugar highs with a creamy, cheesy pile of alfredo green chile chicken enchiladas. Trust me on this!!! It is the comfort food you want right now.
Plus it’s the EASIEST!!! Lord knows we’re all tired of cooking by now, so let’s do something easy please and thanks.
The beauty of these green chile chicken enchiladas (besides their obvious cheesy beauty) is that leftovers are WELCOME here! Got leftover chicken? Forgo the chicken cooking portion of this recipe and instead mix green chiles with the leftover chicken. Voila, there’s your enchilada filling.
Unfortunately, you can’t forgo the white alfredo sauce part, because that’s where the creamy, cheesy parts come into play. It’s bomb and ridiculously good all piled into one beautiful mess of a casserole dish.
And holy heck, if you can resist diving into this pan the moment it comes outta the oven, you should send some of that self-control on over my way.
The chicken is just a liiiiittle bit zippy thanks to the green chiles, but it’s cooled down and balanced out perfectly by the super creamy alfredo sauce and soft flour tortillas. And obviously all the cheese on top isn’t hurting either.
DINNER is ON! Take that cookies.
Alfredo Green Chile Chicken Enchiladas
Green Chile Chicken
- 2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 cans (4 oz) green chiles, undrained
- 1 medium onion, finely diced
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 cup half and half
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 can (4 oz) green chiles, drained
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 8 medium flour tortillas
- Prepared green chile chicken
- Prepared alfredo sauce
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
Green Chile Chicken
- Place all green chile chicken ingredients in a slow cooker OR an instant pot. If using slow cooker, cook chicken on low 3-4 hours then shred chicken using 2 forks. If using instant pot, cook chicken on high pressure 12 minutes, then let release steam naturally 5 minutes. Shred chicken using 2 forks, keep warm, and set aside.
- In a medium saucepan over medium heat, melt butter then add garlic and saute until fragrant, about 1 minute. Whisk in flour until smooth and cook until a light golden brown.
- Slowly whisk in half in half and milk and bring sauce to a low simmer over medium heat until slightly thickened. Remove from heat and add Parmesan, chiles, and salt and pepper to taste.
- Fill flour tortillas with green chile chicken and roll up. Place in a greased 9x13 pan.
- Pour alfredo sauce over enchiladas and top with mozzarella cheese. Bake enchiladas at 375F 20-25 minutes until sauce is bubbly and cheese is lightly browned. Sprinkle with fresh parsley. Let cool 5 minutes then serve hot. Enjoy!