A creamy peanut sauce and spicy Thai flavors collide in these colorful mango chicken lettuce wraps that are a perfect lighter lunch or dinner!
Say hello to the lettuce wraps that are going to single-handedly MAKE your Monday. No, seriously watch it happen.
This is a lunch built for CHAMPS and for everyone who loves eating the actual rainbow all piled to absolute capacity into a crisp little butter lettuce leaf.
Or just piled on a bed of greens. Or just eaten straight from the mixing bowl. We don’t make rules around here, guys, we just eat dang good food and lots of it.
Honestly, I just go the lettuce wrap route because it provides a nifty little vehicle for the spicy peanut Thai mango chicken salad goodness to get to my face faster.
Let’s review the components of these killer lettuce wraps, shall we? >>
√ Peanut Sauce. It’s SO freaking creamy, loaded with peanut flavors, please eat it with a spoon, kthanks.
√ Chicken. Leftover chicken is the power move here. The BEST use for it.
√ Thai flavahs + heat. Crunchy red pepper, shredded carrot, shredded cabbage, minced jalapeno, green onions, cilantro, and sweet mango.
AND extra chopped peanuts on top for a pretty garnish + crunch. Suffice to say, you will be eating these thai mango chicken lettuce wraps for the rest of your life.
The Thai flavors + zingy heat + COLORS just cannot be beat, guys. It’s lunch taken waaaaay up a notch. PLUS you can make this salad entirely ahead of time and then just pile in a lettuce leaf whenever the wrap craving strikes.
Which will be often, just plan on that.
Spicy Peanut Thai Mango Chicken Lettuce Wraps
- 3 cups diced cooked chicken (leftover cooked chicken breasts or rotisserie work great!)
- 1 medium red bell pepper, diced into 1/2 in cubes
- 1 medium mango, pitted, peeled, and cut into 1/2-in cubes
- 1 medium carrot, shredded
- 1 cup shredded red cabbage
- 1 medium jalapeno, finely minced
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced green onions
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
- 1/4 cup finely chopped peanuts
- 1/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 16 butter lettuce leaves
- In a large bowl, combine all salad ingredients, tossing until combined. Set aside for a moment or refrigerate until ready to use.
- In a small bowl, whisk peanut butter, soy sauce, rice vinegar, honey, cayenne, and ginger until smooth. Gradually whisk in sesame oil until dressing is drizzling consistency. (if dressing is too thick, whisk in 1-2 tablespoons water until drizzling consistency is reached) Season dressing with salt and pepper to taste.
- Reserve 1/4 cup peanut dressing for drizzling. Toss remaining peanut dressing with chicken salad until salad is evenly coated.
- When ready to serve, fill lettuce leaves with chicken salad and drizzle each wrap with reserved peanut dressing. Serve immediately and enjoy!
Leave a Reply