Apple cider bourbon slushies are going to quickly become your favorite fall cocktail! The sweet apple cider, fall spices, and firey bourbon are an incredible trio of flavors in these refreshing sippers.
We need to get a fall cocktail in here already. Happy freaking Thurday, y’all.
Slushies might be the last thing you’re thinking about as we enter Halloween weekend and turn the corner into November, but hear me out.
These apple cider bourbon slushies are EXACTLY what you want to be blending up this weekend on repeat. They’re smooth, boozy, and fall in a glass for real.
We’re talking seven ingredients, just a bit of planning ahead, and you’ve got a blender full of fall-style slushies for a crew.
Here’s the scoop on these apple cider bourbon slushies >>
- STRONG apple cider flavor (thanks to an easy little trick!)
- A little touch of maple syrup, vanilla + fall spices.
- A slightly-bigger kick of bourbon. Keep reading below for how to make these virgin!
Making the Apple Cider Ice Cubes
First and foremost, plan ahead because this recipe does require a few hours of freezing the apple cider into ice cubes.
Why are we doing this? By freezing the apple cider, we eliminate the need to use ice cubes. This way we end up with a much stronger apple cider flavor!
All you’re going to do is whisk apple cider with a little maple syrup, cinnamon, cloves, nutmeg, and a splash of vanilla.
Carefully pour the apple cider mixture into ice cube trays and freeze for 4-5 hours until solid. You can keep these ice cubes in the freezer for up to 2 weeks if you need a make ahead option!
Or if you just want slushies only the touch of a button away. ?
Blending the Bourbon Slushies
When you’re ready to make the slushies, pop the apple cider ice cubes out of the trays and into a blender.
Let’s get some bourbon in here! Start with 6 oz bourbon and blend. You can work your way up to 8 oz if you want a bigger boozy kick or want the slushies a more liquid consistency.
Blend, blend, blend until the slushies are completely smooth and no ice chunks remain. Taste test at will obviously. ?
Virgin Slushy Version
For a virgin version of these slushies, you’re going to simply swap the bourbon out for more apple cider! (in liquid form, not frozen) Same amounts, no differences.
This version is VERY popular with the kiddos, by the way!
Hello, the fall sipper of 2020. They’re smooth, frosty, and just a little firey from the bourbon. People go CRAZY over these slushies!
They actually taste like a fall drink you’d pay upwards of $12 for at a restaurant. It’ll be our little secret they’re cheap and easy as HECK to make!
Catch me blending up multiple blenderfuls of this for the holiday weekend. Feel free to share pics on Instagram if you try it!
Let’s make more fall drinks! These recipes are a must make. >>
Apple Cider Bourbon Slushies
- 4 cups apple cider
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 6-8 oz high-quality bourbon
- In a large pitcher, whisk apple cider, maple syrup, spices, and vanilla until smooth. Carefully pour mixture into ice cube trays and let freeze 4-5 hours until solid
- Place the apple cider ice cubes in a high-speed blender. Pour bourbon over top (start with 6 oz and work your way up to 8 oz if you like your slushy a bit more liquid-y consistency) Blend until smooth and slushy consistency. Divide between glasses and serve immediately.