Tangy cranberries and citrus-y orange are the perfect fall flavor canvas for these gorgeous cranberry orange Moscow mules! Shake them up in minutes for the perfect holiday cocktail!
Fall definitely just needed a Moscow mule to call its own, guys.
I think its safe to say that these cranberry orange Moscow mules found their permanent home.
LOOKIT all those holiday flavors/colors!! It’s almost too pretty to drink but heck, if that’ll stop us.
Moscow mules are totally my go-to cocktail right now, guys. Go check out this recipe if you wanna hear all mah gushing. I’ll spare you from that for today.
These are SO freaking easy to throw together, guys! Callin’ it, these are gonna be your go-to holiday cocktail this year. —>
First up is making our cranberry syrup. We’re gonna bring fresh cranberries, sugar, and water to a boil then let it simmer a few minutes until the cranberries begin to POP and release their glorious juices. Press it all through a fine-mesh strainer, discard the solids and VOILA! Cranberry simple syrup.
In your cocktail shaker, shake that glorious syrup, fresh squeezed orange juice, and vodka. Psssssst, if you wanna make these virgin cocktails, just replace the vodka with more OJ!
Divide the cranberry/orange/vodka trio between your prettiest moscow mugs then top ‘er all off with some chilled ginger beer. It’s also a necessity that you garnish the HECK outta these with fresh cranberries + orange slices.
Gulp don’t sip, guys. These are SO SO freaking good.
I know what you’re gulping tonight. ??
Cranberry Orange Moscow Mules
- 1 cup fresh cranberries
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar (or brown sugar)
- 2 tablespoons water
- 3 oz fresh orange juice
- 4-1/2 oz vodka
- 12 oz ginger beer, chilled
- Ice, orange wedges, and fresh cranberries for serving
- Place cranberries, sugar, and water in a small saucepan over medium-high heat. Bring to a boil, stirring occasionally, then reduce heat to medium and simmer 10 minutes or until cranberries begin to release their juices.
- Remove from heat and transfer cranberries and juices to a food processor and blend several times until mixture is smooth. Strain cranberry mixture through a fine-mesh sieve, discarding solids.
- In a cocktail shaker, combine strained cranberry puree, orange juice, and vodka. Add ice to shaker, screw lid on and shake several times until condensation begins to form on outside of shaker.
- Divide shaken cranberry mixture between 3 glasses. Add ice, a few fresh cranberries, and orange wedges to each glass then top each drink with 4 oz chilled ginger beer. Serve moscow mules immediately and enjoy!