Caprese peach chicken features seared chicken cutlets with sweet peach slices, juicy tomatoes, and lots of fresh mozzarella and basil on top. – ready in 40 minutes in only one pan!
Just a skillet full of pure summer coming your way today! Featuring all the summer basics, and of course, no shortage of cheese.
Basically, this skillet is caprese meets peaches meets skillet chicken dinner and the rest is history.
It’s so easy and just so jam-packed with summer, it’s the only way you’ll want to make your chicken this summer. Guaranteed.
Would you believe me if I told you only one pan, eight ingredients, and 40 minute stands between you and this goodness? You see why this chicken is a weekly occurrence around here.
Caprese lovers, you’re about to discover your new obsession!
This Caprese Peach Chicken features…
- Perfectly seared chicken cutlets
- Juicy summer peaches and tomatoes
- Gooey mozzarella cheese
- Fresh basil and balsamic glaze for topping
Making the Caprese Peach Chicken
(scroll down to the bottom of post for the full recipe)
Ingredients You Will Need
- Chicken breasts
- Mozzarella cheese
- Balsamic glaze
- Unsalted butter
- Olive oil
Choosing Your Chicken
We recommend using boneless skinless chicken breasts for this recipe because they cook up super fast and juicy every time.
You will need 2 medium breasts which are going to get cut in half width-wise to end up with 4 thin cutlets.
Cutting the breasts into cutlets is ideal for recipes like this where the chicken gets seared because they cook up super fast and don’t need any oven time.
Tips for Perfect Caprese Chicken
- Cut peaches and tomatoes into 1-in wedges – this larger size helps the fruit keep it’s shape while being cooked.
- Use firm peaches and tomatoes – don’t use fruit that’s too ripe, otherwise it will get mushy once cooked.
- Broil cheese – once the skillet is assembled, stick it under the broiler for a few minutes to melt the mozzarella.
- Top skillet with fresh basil and balsamic vinegar – this is the final step and where a lot of the flavor comes from! Use fresh minced basil and a pre-made or homemade balsamic glaze.
What to Serve with Chicken
We love serving this chicken alongside a light pasta dish, any summer salad, or even with some good rustic bread on the side for soaking up the delicious sauce!
This is a very simple recipe, so there’s plenty of room for some different variations!
- Try a different fruit – nectarines, plums, or apricots would be a great stand-in for the peaches.
- Add extra cheese – a handful of Parmesan or asiago cheese adds an incredible sharp, nutty flavor to this skillet.
- Throw in extra herbs – try fresh oregano or parsley alongside or in addition to the basil.
- Make homemade balsamic glaze – you can make it easily by simmering 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar on the stovetop over medium heat 10-15 minutes or until reduced to a thick syrup.
This is the most simple summer skillet ever, but WOW the flavors are just in another dimension! The juicy chicken paired with the sweet peaches, gooey mozzarella cheese, and herby basil is a flavor pairing for the record books.
And the fact that it’s ready to you to dive face-first into only 40 minutes? Permanent fixture on the summer dinner menu.
Save this recipe using the ‘save to recipe box’ button below. If you make it, please let us know! Leave a comment + star rating below, or take a photo and tag it on Instagram with #wholeandheavenlyoven.
More easy chicken dinners to try next!
Skillet Caprese Peach Chicken
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breasts (about 2 medium)
- Salt and pepper for seasoning
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, divided
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 medium peaches, pitted, and sliced into 1-in wedges
- 2 medium tomatoes, cored and sliced into 1-in wedges
- 8 oz fresh mozzarella, cut into slices
- Balsamic glaze for drizzling
- 1/4 cup firmly-packed fresh minced basil
- Pat chicken dry with paper towels and cut each chicken breast in half width-wise so you have 4 thin chicken cutlets. Season chicken breasts with salt and pepper.
- Place 1 tablespoon butter and olive oil in a large oven-safe 9-inch skillet and heat over medium-high heat. Add chicken to pan and sear 3-5 minutes on each side until chicken registers 165F. Transfer to a plate, keep warm, and set aside.
- Heat remaining 1 tablespoon butter in skillet over medium-high heat and swirl to coat pan. Add peaches and sear in a single layer, turning occasionally until peaches are lightly browned, about 2 minutes.
- Remove pan from heat and arrange chicken cutlets and tomato slices in pan around peaches. Place slices of mozzarella on top of chicken.
- Broil chicken a few inches from heat 1-2 minutes until mozzarella is melted and slightly browned.
- Remove skillet from broiler and top with a few good drizzles of balsamic glaze and fresh basil. Serve chicken warm and enjoy!
Leave a Reply