Love everything bagels? You’re going to fall in love with this incredible cheesy everything bagel quick bread that features a cheesy interior and flavorful everything bagel seasoning baked on top.
Everything bagel meets cheesy quick bread today and I’m pretty sure there’s never been a more glorious pairing in the history of quick breads.
We’re talking SUPER cheesy and perfectly soft quick bread interior with so much everything bagel seasoning mix baked on top.
It’s a thing of pure carb beauty and dangerously addicting.
Dare I say you might love this bread even more than the classic bagel? The cheesy kick is solely to blame for that.
This Everything Bagel Quick Bread features…
- A soft, moist interior with lots of rich cheddar and Parmesan cheese.
- Flavorful everything bagel seasoning baked on top of loaf.
- Only about an hour to make and the perfect accompaniment to any soup or cozy meal!
Making the Everything Bagel Quick Bread
(scroll down to the bottom of the post for the full recipe)
Ingredients You Will Need
- Unsalted butter
- Greek yogurt
- All-purpose flour
- Baking powder
- Baking soda
- Cheddar cheese
- Parmesan cheese
- Everything bagel seasoning
What is Everything Bagel Seasoning?
Everything bagel seasoning is typically associated with the classic bagel, but you can find the seasoning mix in most grocery stores in the spices aisle now!
This flavorful seasoning mix includes white and black sesame seeds, poppyseeds, dried garlic, dried onion, and sea salt. It’s very heavy on the flavor and adds an incredible savory element to this bread.
Tips for Perfect Quick Bread
- Gently fold batter – be careful not to overmix the batter as this will lead to a tough, gummy texture.
- Measure flour correctly – we use the spoon-and-level technique for measuring flour as this will prevent over-measuring. Use a spoon to scoop flour into the measuring cup, then level it off with the back of a knife.
- Shred cheese yourself – as a rule of thumb, manually shredded cheese is always much better than pre-shredded!
- Bake bread in parchment paper-lined pan – this makes it much easier (and less messy) to remove the bread from pan.
- Test bread with toothpick – your bread is done when a toothpick comes out clean from the center.
- Cool bread completely in pan – don’t rush this process – you want the bread completely cooled before removing from the pan and cutting into slices.
Try some of these ideas for a different twist on this bread!
- Try a different seasoning mix – if you’ve got another seasoning mix on hand that you’re just dying to try, feel free to give it a shot!
- Change up the cheeses – try a sharp cheddar, gouda, asiago, or Monterey jack.
- Use add-ins – bacon bits, chopped sun-dried tomatoes, minced chives or rosemary would be great additions to this bread.
- Make it mini – you can use mini loaf pans or a muffin pan for making a mini version of this bread – be aware you will have to reduce the bake time.
Storing and Freezing Bread
This bread stores well sealed at room temperature up to 3 days. We recommend reheating slices before serving for best results!
To freeze bread, cool completely, wrap well, and freeze up to 2 months. Defrost bread on the counter and reheat before serving.
Seriously, there’s no self control in sight when it comes to this bread. The interior is SO rich and cheesy and every bite is exploding with everything bagel flavor.
Highly recommend doubling this recipe so you have two loaves on hand. For obvious reasons.
Save this recipe using the ‘save to recipe box’ button below. If you make it, please let us know! Leave a comment + star rating below, or take a photo and tag it on Instagram with #wholeandheavenlyoven.
More amazing quick breads to try next!
Cheesy Everything Bagel Quick Bread
- 1/3 cup unsalted melted butter
- 1 tablespoon honey or agave nectar
- 1/4 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1/4 cup 2% or skim milk
- 2 cups all-purpose flour, spooned and leveled
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1-1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons everything bagel seasoning
- Additional melted butter for brushing on top
- Preheat oven to 350F. Line a 9×5 loaf pan with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk melted butter, honey, yogurt, egg, buttermilk, and milk until smooth. In a separate bowl, combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- Fold flour mixture and cheeses into liquid mixture until batter is just combined. Spread batter into prepared pan and top with everything bagel seasoning.
- Bake bread at 350F 40-45 minutes until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Brush warm bread with additional melted butter if desired. Cool bread completely in pan on a wire cooling rack. Once cooled, use the parchment paper to remove from pan, slice, and serve. Enjoy!