This Thai peanut chicken ramen is made in under an hour entirely in the instant pot and is amazing loaded up with all your favorite ramen toppings!
Colorful bowls like this are what dinner is supposed to look like! Complete with the obligatory soft-boiled egg bumping everything up to a 10.
It’s not hard to make a restaurant-worthy ramen bowl at home and today we’re keeping things extra easy by piling everything in the instant pot and calling it a day.
And you’d seriously never guess it with how much incredible flavor we’re packing into these beautiful bowls!
The beauty of making ramen at home is that you are in full control of what veggies, protein, and level of spice you use! This recipe is so adaptable to different preferences and it will always turn out amazing.
For a fraction of the price of restaurant ramen, by the way!
This Thai Peanut Chicken Ramen features…
- A flavorful peanut broth base
- Tender chicken and lots of veggies
- Easy to customize with different toppings and flavors
Making the Thai Peanut Chicken Ramen
(scroll down to the bottom of the post for the full recipe)
Ingredients You Will Need
- Chicken broth
- Red curry paste
- Peanut butter
- Fish sauce
- Oyster sauce (optional)
- Soy sauce
- Brown sugar
- Boneless skinless chicken breasts
- Sweet pepper
- Baby spinach
- Ramen noodles
Choosing Your Ramen Noodles
There’s not really any going wrong with the type of instant ramen noodles you choose! We sometimes go for a more fancy brand such as Mama or Nongshim, but we also like keeping it basic with Maruchan which is almost always stocked in our pantry.
You won’t need the spice packet if there’s one enclosed in your ramen – there’s plenty of flavor already in the broth!
Tips for Perfect Instant Pot Ramen
- Build flavor in broth – a combination of fish sauce, oyster sauce (optional), soy sauce, red curry paste, and creamy peanut butter add so much incredible flavor to the broth.
- Use fresh garlic and ginger – this makes a huge difference flavorwise in the broth!
- Cook vegetables and chicken in broth at high pressure – we found that 8 minutes + a quick-release was the perfect amount of time for fall-apart chicken and tender vegetables.
- Add spinach and ramen noodles after cooking – once you have quick-released the instant pot, immediately add the spinach and ramen noodles. Cover the lid for about 2 minutes for perfectly-cooked spinach and noodles.
- Shred chicken – use two forks to gently pull chicken apart into bite-sized pieces.
Ramen Topping Ideas
It’s not ramen if it’s not loaded up with tons of toppings! Try these ideas for topping your personal bowl of ramen.
- Sliced scallion
- Chopped peanuts
- Lime wedges
- Sesame oil
- Sweet chili sauce
- Soft-boiled eggs
Try these ideas for a different twist on this ramen!
- Make it spicy – feel free to add red pepper flakes, a minced serrano pepper, or your favorite hot sauce for a spicy kick!
- Change up the veggies – try zucchini, summer squash, green beans, shredded cabbage, or broccoli.
- Make it vegetarian – simply skip the chicken and replace the chicken broth with vegetable broth for a vegetarian-friendly ramen.
The amount of flavor we’re packing into this ramen is utterly insane given the fact that it’s made in under an hour! The savory peanut flavor in the broth, the tender chicken + vegetables, and the slurpable ramen noodles….it’s all just a comfort food dream.
Leftovers of this ramen are also a dream but definitely do not count on it!
Save this recipe using the ‘save to recipe box’ button below. If you make it, please let us know! Leave a comment + star rating below, or take a photo and tag it on Instagram with #wholeandheavenlyoven.
More instant pot recipes you definitely need to try next!
Instant Pot Thai Peanut Chicken Ramen
- 6 cups chicken broth
- 4 tablespoons red curry paste
- 1/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/4 cup low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon oyster sauce (optional)
- 1 tablespoon light brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger
- 3 medium cloves garlic, minced
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breasts (about 2 medium breasts)
- 8 oz button mushrooms, diced into 1/4-in pieces
- 1 large sweet pepper, diced into 1/2-in cubes
- 1 cup matchstick carrots
- 2 cups firmly-packed baby spinach or kale
- 6 oz instant ramen noodles (two packages – discard the spice packets)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Optional ramen toppings: soft-boiled eggs, sliced scallion, fresh cilantro, chopped peanuts, lime wedges, sesame oil, and sweet chili sauce
- Add chicken broth, curry paste, peanut butter, soy sauce, fish sauce, oyster sauce, brown sugar, garlic, and ginger to a 4-qt instant pot. Whisk well until combined, then add chicken, mushrooms, sweet pepper, and carrots.
- Lock lid into place on instant pot and close steam vent. Cook on high pressure 8 minutes, then quick-release steam.
- Remove lid and use a tongs to remove chicken breasts and place on a cutting board. Add spinach and ramen noodles to instant pot and stir well until submerged in liquid. Place lid back on instant pot and allow to sit for 2 minutes for noodles to cook.
- Meanwhile, use two forks to shred chicken. Remove lid from instant pot and stir chicken into ramen. Season ramen with salt and pepper to taste if needed.
- Ladle ramen into serving bowls and top with suggested ramen toppings if desired. Enjoy!