Simmered in a creamy white wine sauce with tender green beans, this white wine chicken is incredible over mashed potatoes and a fancy-feeling dinner you can pull off in minutes!
Who’s up for fancy restaurant food without the hefty price tag and only 40 minutes of your evening?? That’s this white wine chicken in a nutshell.
We’re keeping the ingredient list minimal on this chicken today, but you’d seriously never know it with the amount of flavor we’re packing in!
Perfect for a cozy Valentine’s Day dinner at home when you still wanna be a little fancy in your sweatpants.
And the leftovers if you have ’em? Somehow they’re even better and I fully blame the sauce.
This White Wine Chicken features…
- Juicy seared chicken breasts
- A rich and flavorful creamy white wine sauce
- Tender sautéed green beans
- Ready in only 40 minutes with a handful of ingredients
Making the Chicken
(scroll down to the bottom of the post for the full recipe)
Ingredients You Will Need
- Chicken breasts
- Unsalted butter
- Olive oil
- Green beans
- White wine
- All-purpose flour
- Chicken broth
- Heavy whipping cream
Choosing Your Chicken
We recommend using boneless skinless chicken breasts for this recipe. This cut of chicken is fast to cook up in the skillet and turns out super tender and juicy.
If you don’t have breasts on hand, boneless skinless chicken thighs will work great instead. Bone-in thighs will work, however, we recommend removing the skin to prevent it from becoming rubbery during cooking.
Tips for Perfect White Wine Chicken
- Sear chicken breasts – this adds a lovely golden crust to the outside of breasts and helps build a flavor base in the pan.
- Saute the green beans – this gets a jump start on cooking them and builds flavor.
- Reduce white wine – letting the wine simmer a bit before adding the rest of the liquid ingredients helps the wine concentrate and builds flavor for the sauce.
- Whisk flour into chicken broth – a tablespoon of flour will help thicken the sauce perfectly and is easy to incorporate into the sauce by whisking in the chicken broth beforehand.
- Finish cooking chicken and beans in sauce – once all the ingredients are added to the pan, cover pan, and allow to simmer on medium-low 8-12 minutes to reduce the sauce and finish cooking the chicken.
Try these ideas for a different twist on this chicken.
- Try a different fresh herb – fresh dill, tarragon, or basil would be great in place of the parsley.
- Make it alcohol-free – replace the white wine with chicken broth and add 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar for an alcohol-free version.
- Use a different vegetable – try sweet pepper, mushrooms, or asparagus in place of the green beans.
We recommend serving this chicken over mashed potatoes or your favorite pasta. There’s tons of sauce in the pan that’s perfect for ladling over top of the chicken for a full meal.
For how quick this chicken is to pull together, the amount of flavor is absolutely unreal! The chicken cooks up so juicy, the beans are perfectly tender, and everything is smothered in that creamy, flavorful white wine sauce.
Just don’t forget the obligatory glass of white wine alongside this winner bowl!
Save this recipe using the ‘save to recipe box’ button below. If you make it, please let us know! Leave a comment + star rating below, or take a photo and tag it on Instagram with #wholeandheavenlyoven.
Watch this chicken made step-by-step on Google web stories.
More fast and easy skillet chicken dinners!
Creamy White Wine Chicken
This recipe may included paid links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn a commission from qualifying purchases.
- 1-1/2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts (3-4 medium breasts)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, divided
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1/2 lb fresh green beans, trimmed
- 1 small shallot, minced
- 1 medium clove garlic, minced
- 3/4 cup dry white wine
- 2 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- Mashed potatoes for serving, optional
- Season chicken on both sides with salt and pepper to taste. Heat 1 tablespoon butter and 1 tablespoon olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat until melted and hot. Place chicken breasts in pan and sear 3-5 minutes on both sides until golden brown. Transfer chicken to a plate.
- Heat remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil in same pan over medium-high heat. Add green beans and sauté several minutes until green beans are crisp-tender. Remove from pan and set aside.
- Heat remaining 1 tablespoon butter in same pan. Add shallot and cook 2-3 minutes until shallot is translucent. Add garlic and cook 1 additional minute until fragrant. Pour white wine into pan and use a spoon to scrape up any browned bits. Bring to a simmer, then reduce heat to medium-low and allow wine to reduce for 3-4 minutes.
- Whisk flour into chicken broth. Pour chicken broth mixture and heavy cream into pan and nestle chicken breasts and green beans back into pan. Cover pan and allow to simmer over medium-low heat 8-12 minutes until chicken breasts register 165F.
- Remove pan from heat and season sauce with salt and pepper to taste. Top with fresh parsley and serve chicken and green beans warm with mashed potatoes if desired. Enjoy!