Creamy homemade steel-cut oatmeal that cooks low ‘n’ slow for hours in the crockpot and loaded with banana bread flavors! The best way to start the day.
Raise your hand if you think a mashup of the two best breakfasts ever in one crockpot is just a good way to start off the week.
Now do a belly flop into this belle of a breakfast bowl to prove it.
How we’re rolling today: Yet even more easy-peasy breakfasts for all your Monday’s pleasures, desires, and NEEDS.
I fall into the need category. It’s Monday.
And banana bread which is both my best and worst enemy. Is there even anything remaining in the world that we haven’t stuffed banana bread into?
Sidenote: It’s slightly weird and ridiculous to me that today is the last day of February. It’s also super-exciting because that means roughly only ONE MONTH until spring decides to make it’s way to Wisconsin.
Seriously. It will be so nice to be able to walk outside without feeling like my face is going to freeze off. Ugh, the anticipation!!
Now getting back to your to-do list for this lovely Monday morning…
- Eat banana bread steel-cut oatmeal.
- Eat more.
- Go back for thirds, why the heck not?
You’ll notice that the crucial step entitled, MAKE said oatmeal isn’t included on this itinerary anywhere. That’s because your crockpot literally does that entire job for you. All YOU have to do, is throw your oats, milk, agave, mashed banana, vanilla, and ground cinnamon in the crockpot the night before, turn ‘er on low, and the next morning you shall have a bowl of creamy, piping-hot oatmeal anxiously waiting for you.
Anxiously waiting for you to top it with extra milk and sliced bananas, adorbs mini chocolate chips, toasty pecans, dried cranberries, or whatever else floats your little oatmeal boat. ♥
Make this NOW for a killer midnight snack or make it tonight before you go to bed to set up your Tuesday for breakfast success. BAM!
Pretty breakfast bowls on the longest day of the week for ALL THE WINS! I swear it helps, guys.
Ask me that again in 30 seconds when I’m on bowl 2.0 for conclusive proof.
- 4 cups almond milk (or regular milk)
- 2 medium ripe bananas, mashed
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup agave nectar (or more to taste)
- 1 cup steel-cut oats
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries (optional)
- 1/4 cup semisweet mini chocolate chips (optional)
- Milk for serving
- In a greased 3-qt crockpot, combine almond milk, mashed banana, cinnamon, vanilla, agave, and oats. Cover and cook on low 7 hours until oatmeal is creamy and soft.
- Just before serving, stir in toasted pecans and cranberries and chocolate chips if using. Enjoy oatmeal hot with milk!
Kick-start your Monday with these other breakfast wins!