Lightly flavored with chai spices and perfectly crunchy almond butter homemade granola! Meet your breakfast’s new best friend.
Friends, please pardon my current obsession with all things almond butter. Somehow it’s ending up in everything I make right now and I’m totally just an innocent bystander.
…and yeah, even when I have my spoon in the jar.
I’m telling you, I might love this stuff even more than peanut butter. Is that alarming? Maybe we should have an Almond Butter Intervention for me and others in my current state of almond butter insanity.
Or…maybe we could just forget about the actual intervention and instead eat almond butter chai spice granola for the rest of our lives and just accept the fact that there’s no changing an almond butter addict.
So heck, let’s put it in anything and ALL the things!
First up were brownies, rolling in second is granola because healthy season is in FULL swing now! Let’s do this whole diet thing, 2016!
As with nearly all my homemade granola recipes, this one is based off of the grandfather of ALL granola. Only today, we’re employing the valuable services of creamy almond butter and chai spice (homemade!) to step up the OOMPH flavors.
Heavens, yeeeeees. ♥
Sweet ‘n’ spiced. Ultra-crispy from the almond butter. The bomb-diggity with yogurt, milk…and by the XXL handfuls? 100 percent dangerous.
Gah. Best decision ever or worst decision ever? You decide.
Confession: I’m not really positive that this granola can be classified as ultra-healthy because of the fact that you will probably eat it all straight off the baking sheet. I’m not kidding: One handful literally turns into 20+.
Seriously, help. I literally cannot stop eating this granola.
Enjoy your new addiction, friends. 😀
Almond Butter Chai Spice Granola
- 4 cups old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 3/4 cup slivered almonds
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar or brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 1/2 cup creamy almond butter
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 325F. Line a large 15x11x3 baking sheet and set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine oats, coconut, almonds, sugar, chia seeds, spices, and salt. Set aside.
- In a medium saucepan over medium-high heat, melt coconut oil and almond butter until completely smooth, whisking occasionally. Whisk in maple syrup and vanilla.
- Pour almond butter mixture over dry oatmeal mixture and gently stir until just combined. Spread granola onto prepared baking sheet and gently flatten into pan.
- Bake granola at 325F 40 minutes or until granola is golden-brown. Cool granola completely, then use your hands to break granola into bite-sized clusters. Enjoy!
Granola lovers rejoice because there’s more where that came from!
Peanut Butter Chia Seed Granola
Double-Chocolate Quinoa Granola
So so good!
Yay! So thrilled to hear. 🙂