Skip all the time and work involved in pancakes and try these super-easy blueberry pancake muffins! Drizzled with a warm, citrus-y maple syrup, you’ll be in pancake heaven!
On a scale of 1 to 10, how would you rate your Tuesday morning view right now? I’m gonna go out on a limb and give it a 15.5. And I’m not pancake biased in the least bit, either. 😉
FRIENDS. We’ve got lots of things to talk about today. Mostly revolving around the fact that we’ve got pancake muffin in.da.house.
So it’s definitely no secret that I have a ridiculous thing for pancakes. The last I checked, the pancake recipe count around here rounded up to 20-ish. Mercy…who’s the pancake freak around here anyway??
Now let’s be brutally honest here, friends. We all have that lazy side of us in the mornings that just does not want to slave over breakfast. I myself will slave over the coffee until it’s front of me but that’s about it.
Pancakes are just one of those things that require your full and undivided attention, from start to finish. So I had an idea. More than likely I’m not the first person to have this brilliant stroke of genius, but listen to my words anyway.
Pancakes in the form of muffins. The easiest and my favorite blueberry pancake batter simply thrown into muffin pans, baked, and just like that breakfast is SERVED.
With a waterfall of glorious warm citrus-y maple syrup because I said so. 😉
Gosh, I love this syrup so much. It completes all things.
Break open those warm berry-loaded pancake babies and go nuts with the syrup downpours. You only live once.
No exaggeration at all, friends. If you close your eyes you’ll think you’re eating a big ‘ol blueberry pancake. Pancake mind games!!
Shall we have a moment of silence for the single greatest pancake idea in the universe? I’m currently silent for like the first time ever and it’s probably due to the fact that my mouth is full. Legit-ly full of these pancake dreams. ↑
Pancake muffins for breakfast, lunch, and dinner today? Heck to the biggest YES.
We need to treat ourselves anyway. It’s only Tuesday.
Blueberry Pancake Muffins with Warm Citrus Maple Syrup
This recipe may included paid links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn a commission from qualifying purchases.
- 2 cups plus 1 tablespoon white whole wheat flour divided
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons coconut sugar or brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 large egg
- 2 cups buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries if using frozen, do not thaw
- CITRUS SYRUP:
- 1 cup maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon grated orange zest
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 375F. Lightly grease a 12-cup muffin tin. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine 2 cups flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and sugar. In a separate bowl, whisk oil, egg, buttermilk, and vanilla until smooth. Fold flour mixture into liquid until just combined. Combine blueberries with remaining 1 tablespoon flour and gently fold into batter.
- Fill prepared muffin cups to brim with batter. Bake muffins at 375F 20-23 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in middle of muffins comes out with moist crumbs sticking to it. Cool muffins on a wire cooling rack.
- Make the syrup: In a small saucepan, bring all syrup ingredients to a low simmer over medium heat. Serve warm with pancake muffins. Enjoy!