Pumpkin bread and banana bread collide with tons of gooey chocolate into one killer loaf that you’re not gonna be able to get enough of this fall!
That humiliating/slightly horrifying moment when you realize that you don’t have a single pumpkin bread recipe on your blog…after nearly four freaking years, you guys.
What is my world even coming to? I don’t know but what I do know is that I should probably just eat an entire loaf of aforementioned pumpkin bread and try to figure it out.
It’s not running away from your problems, guys. It’s like running straight to them and taking care of business.
Very delicious business, but that’s neither here nor there.
Okay, so can we start talking about the best dang pumpkin bread you’re ever gonna meet? It’s time. It’s been a long four years.
Let’s start by talking about the fact that this isn’t your typical loaf of pumpkin bread. Today, we’re mashing up TWO of the best quick breads in the world which means pumpkin + banana = pumpkin banana bread. Plus chocolate too, but you likely already noticed that. 😏😏
I’m not sneaky when it comes to chocolate. It’s large and in charge right in ‘yo face.
Like so. ⇓⇓
For reals though, this bread is so soft and amazingly-moist you won’t even believe it. The pumpkin + banana are playin’ double duty here when it comes to texture and the result is nothing short of dynamite.
Dyn-a-mite. This can’t possibly be real life, but I’m very glad it is. ♥
And with that, I do believe that Monday is made and we all know how we’re spending the rest of fall.
- 2 medium ripe bananas, mashed
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup coconut sugar (or brown sugar)
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cups white whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350F. Line a 9x5 loaf pan with parchment paper, letting it hang over the sides. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk mashed banana, pumpkin, eggs, sugar, oil, and vanilla until smooth. Whisk in flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, and pumpkin pie spice until batter is smooth. Fold in chocolate chips.
- Scrape batter into prepared pan and gently smooth top. Sprinkle with additional chocolate chips if desired. Bake bread at 350F 50-55 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in middle comes out clean. Cool bread completely, then remove from pan and slice. Enjoy!
Pumpkin is a lifestyle, guys. Try these donuts next time!!