Crispy on the outside and gooey and cheesy inside, these quesadillas are stuffed with scrambled eggs and lots of cheddar cheese. Ready in 30 minutes–ideal for on-the-go breakfast!
I am crazy-in-love with quesadillas. Actually I pretty much love any Mexican food. ( homemade guac and tortilla chips are my biggest weakness) Yes, Mexican night for dinner happens pretty often around here, but what I’m sharing with you today is NOT Mexican food. Breakfast anyone?
Meet my new favorite breakfast. And my eat-in-the-middle-of-the-afternoon-because-they’re-so-good snack.
Don’t know what quesadillas are? Quesadillas are composed of two flour tortillas in a sandwich-type thing usually filled with a ground beef or chicken filling and cheese. This tortilla “sandwich” is then fried on both sides in a small amount of oil until lightly browned. The cheese acts as a “glue” for the quesadillas and sticks the two tortillas together and keeps the filling from slipping out. After the quesadilla is cooked, it is then drained on paper towels and cut into quarters for easy serving.
Let’s talk about the filling for these quesadillas: Two ingredients: Shredded sharp cheddar cheese and scrambled eggs (recipe for the scrambled eggs included below)
I might add here, that these quesadillas literally take less than 30 minutes to make, and they’re portable which makes them ideal for an on-the-go breakfast. Did I mention you can also freeze them for up to 2 weeks? Pop ’em in the microwave or toaster-oven to heat ’em up and ‘voila! 5 minutes later, breakfast is ready.
Best 30 minutes ever spent if you ask me. These quesadillas are super-crispy on the outside and oh-so cheesy and stuffed with eggs on the inside. Tip: If you want to add some color to your quesadillas, feel free to toss in some chopped veggies, such as fresh tomatoes, sweet peppers, onions, or torn spinach. Hey, that makes it healthier doesn’t it??
Guilt? Nahh…These quesadillas are total health food. 😉
Cheesy Breakfast Quesadillas
This recipe may included paid links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn a commission from qualifying purchases.
- 9 large eggs
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 8 10-in flour tortillas
- 1-1/3 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 2-3 tablespoons oil for frying
- In a lightly greased medium saucepan, whisk eggs, salt, pepper, and parsley until combined. Cook eggs over medium heat, stirring constantly until set. Remove from heat and cool 5 minutes.
- Divide scrambled eggs over 4 tortillas. Sprinkle each tortilla with 1/3 cup cheese. Place remaining tortillas over cheese.
- In a large skillet, heat 1 tablespoon oil over medium-high heat until shimmery. Place 1 filled quesadilla in oil. Fry on one side 1 minute, then flip to the other side and cook for an additional 1 minute, or until cheese is melted. Transfer quesadilla to paper towels to drain. Cut into fourths and keep warm until ready to serve. Repeat with remaining 3 quesadillas.
Still hungry? Check out my other breakfast recipes!