Your family will love this fun summery twist on classic french toast! The moist cinnamon-crusted french toast slices go perfectly with a fresh strawberry-orange sauce.
I’m in full summer mode now, and I just can’t get enough strawberries.
I’m also kind of obsessed with cinnamon sugar-crusted french toast. Have you guys ever tried it?? It’s THE BOMB. It makes regular french toast look downright boring.
I don’t make french toast that often, but when I do, you have no idea how much I enjoy it. Soft, moist, carb-filled heaven, guys.
This is my new favorite version. Anything that has cinnamon sugar and strawberries in the same sentence has gotta be good, right?
It’s basically just classic french toast with a delightful summer twist.
I’ve already eaten my breakfast this morning, but I like really REALLY want to stuff my face with 10 pieces of this gorgeous french toast stat.
Hey, it’s Friday, so 2nd breakfasts are okay, right? right??
I’m pretty sure I could live on this awesome stuff for the rest of my life and be happy.
The french toast is pretty much just your basic dip-and-cook french toast recipe, only after you dip the bread in the egg mixture you’re gonna dust those little babies with a
little a LOT of cinnamon-sugar.
And then cook ’em up to golden french toast perfection. ♥
A fresh strawberry-orange sauce is the ideal topping for the moist, cinnamon-y french toast and it’s totally necessary.
You could always top this french toast with maple syrup, but really, it’s practically summer and it’s strawberry season anyway. Buy some strawberries on sale and make this gorgeous berry sauce.
The sauce’s pleasantly sweet and tangy flavor goes perfectly with your golden french toast. They make the best couple, guys. 😀
Whammo. Breakfast is on the table in only 20 minutes. Stack this french toast up high and generously top with your luscious strawberry sauce. Then die from happiness.
This french toast would make a perfect Memorial Day breakfast. It’s quick, satisfying, feeds a crowd, and it has strawberries in it so it’s obviously more than appropriate for the unofficial start of summer. 😉
Don’t be surprised if you end up polishing off a enormously-huge plateful of this french toast. I’m actually kind of embarrassed to admit how many pieces I ended up eating.
Let’s just say I had to spend about an hour on the gazelle to make up for it.
You’ll just have to try this awesome french toast to understand why. 😉
Cinnamon-Crusted French Toast With Strawberry Orange Sauce
- 4 large eggs
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 16 slices french bread cut 1/2 to 1 in thick
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar or brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- STRAWBERRY-ORANGE SAUCE:
- 1 lb fresh strawberries hulled and sliced
- 1 tablespoon orange juice
- 1 tablespoon xylitol or sugar
- Preheat a non-stick skillet to 350F. Lightly grease with butter or oil.
- In a shallow dish, whisk eggs, milk, vanilla, and salt until combined. Dip bread slices in egg mixture and place on a wire cooling rack. In a small bowl, combine sugar and cinnamon. Sprinkle half of sugar mixture over first side of dipped bread slices.
- Place bread slices sugar side-down on hot skillet and sprinkle opposite sides with remaining sugar mixture. Cook french toast on first side 1-1/2 to 2 minutes then flip and cook on opposite side until golden brown. Remove french toast to a serving plate and cool slightly.
- Prepare the strawberry sauce: In a medium bowl, mash half of sliced strawberries until berries release their juices. Stir in remaining sliced strawberries, orange juice, and xylitol.
- Serve french toast with strawberry sauce.
Looking for more quick breakfast ideas? You’ll love these similar recipes!