Make the most of strawberry season this summer with these uber-fresh strawberry cupcakes.—Super-moist vanilla cake interior, studded with juicy strawberries and topped with a fluffy strawberry whipped cream!
I recently came to the realization that summer food really is the bomb.
And I kind of need to live in summer food mode 24/7.
I mean, really? 3 measly months of summer food? I need like 5 years of straight summer to try out all the recipes that are on my must-make list for this summer.
These cupcakes were at the top of that list. Mainly because: A: They have strawberries in ’em which is currently my biggest ingredient obsession. And B: They’re my new favorite kind of cupcake on the planet.
Soon to be your favorite, trust me.
I originally made these cupcakes nearly a month ago for Mother’s Day and ever since then I haven’t been able to stop thinking about them. My family gave them rave reviews and they disappeared within minutes. Me? It was seriously like I died and went to heaven.
I kind of have a thing about strawberries and cream. I mean a simple bowlful of silky whipped cream and juicy-sweet strawberries just SCREAMS summer.
Cupcakes are always good too, so why not throw a cupcake into that mix?
Thus, Strawberries ‘n’ Cream Cupcakes were born.
AKA: My new favorite summer dessert of all time. ♥
These cupcakes could not be easier to prepare. Simply because summertime is definitely not slave-over-a-hot-stove time. You can whip up these cupcakes in minutes flat and then go spend time with the fam!
The cake base of these cupcakes is definitely a keeper recipe. It’s just a simple vanilla-cake batter, but it is SO flavorful, soft, and moist you’ll think you’re in cupcake heaven!
The moist vanilla-flavored cupcakes are studded with juicy red strawberries, then piled high with fluffy strawberry whipped cream and yet MORE strawberries.
I tend to go heavy on the berries. 😉
Nostalgic fresh summer eating at it’s best. 😀
Fresh, fresh, fresh. That seems to be all I’m thinking about lately. I just picked my first crop of spinach, lettuce, and radishes from our veggie garden and I’m eagerly anticipating even MORE summer goodness to be ready to pick in a few weeks: Fresh cucumbers, beets, carrots, tomatoes (a TON of tomatoes) beans, sweet potatoes, peppers, summer squash, zucchini, broccoli, and oh, gosh I know there’s more…
My mind is going crazy right now with recipe inspiration from all this summer fresh-ness.
Back to cupcakes….
Guys, biting into one of these cupcakes is like biting into a piece of summer. I know, I’m so corny but seriously, a lazy, nostalgic summer day was the first thought that entered my mind when I took that first bite.
Many more bites followed.
My tastebuds are currently in summer heaven.
If you’re looking for the perfect 4th of July dessert, I have an awesome suggestion: These cupcakes! You will be the most popular person at the barbecue, I guarantee.
I personally do NOT wait for an occasion to make these cupcakes. They’re so easy and simple, they’ve become my go-to summer dessert.
You need, yes NEED to try these strawberry cupcakes this summer. But I warn you: After you make them once, you may just find yourself having to make them all summer long.
So far I’m living proof of this, since this is the third time I’ve made these cupcakes this summer. Many more times are sure to follow. 😉
Happy strawberry season! 😀
Fresh Strawberries & Cream Cupcakes
This recipe may included paid links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn a commission from qualifying purchases.
- 2 cups white whole wheat flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup xylitol or sugar
- 1/2 cup butter melted and slightly cooled
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup milk
- 4-5 fresh large strawberries hulled
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons xylitol or sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3-4 large strawberries processed into a chunky puree (about 1/2 cup)
- Additional strawberries for garnish optional
- Preheat oven to 350F and line a muffin tin with cupcake wrappers. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt until combined. In a separate large bowl, whisk xylitol (or sugar) melted butter, egg, and milk until smooth. Gently fold flour mixture into liquid until just combined. Set aside for a moment.
- Place strawberries in a food processor and pulse several times until finely chopped into a chunky-puree. (do not over-pulse) You should have about 1/2 cup strawberry puree. Gently fold strawberry puree into batter.
- Fill prepared muffin cups, 3/4 full of batter and gently smooth tops. Bake cupcakes at 350F 22-23 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool cupcakes completely on a wire cooling rack.
- In a large bowl with an electric mixer, beat heavy cream to stiff peaks. Fold in xylitol (or sugar) vanilla, and pureed strawberry mixture.
- Slather frosting over tops of cooled cupcakes and garnish with additional strawberries if desired.
Recipe adapted from Sally’s Baking Addiction.
Love strawberries? Welcome to strawberry heaven!