These colossal cheeseburgers are unbelievably tender and juicy inside, with plenty of cheese and bacon on the outside. A simple smashed avocado mixture adds a perfect fresh finishing touch!
Bacon, avocado, and cheese. Could there ever be a more tasty combo in the history of hamburgers?
Umm, no. My tastebuds are currently SCREAMING from tastiness-overload.
Also, I’m kinda exhausted from 4th of July-food overload.
HA-HA. KIDDING! As if that could ever happen.
You wanta’ burger? C’mon. You know you do. 🙂
These burgers are insane, guys. Moist and juicy inside, covered with melty mozzarella, wrapped in crispy bacon, and topped with smashed avocado.
Wow, that’s a mouthful.
A veryyyy big mouthful.
I wanna scream to the world how freaking amazing these burgers are.
Also, I kinda need someone to come take the rest of these away from me before I end up doing some serious damage to them.
Okay, so these burgers may look uber-complicated and involved, but please PLEASE believe me when I say that they’re not! For real guys, all you have to do is grill up your burgers, top ’em with cheese, wrap ’em in bacon, mash up some avocado yummy-ness and slap it all on a bun.
BAM! Your 4th of July cook-out is in the BAG.
The smashed avocado is really what MAKES these burgers. It’s just a simple mash of avocados, lime juice, salt, pepper, fresh cilantro, and garlic powder. Kinda’ like a chunky guacamole, if you will.
It goes overwhelmingly well with your bacon-wrapped, cheese-topped burgers.
Naturally, my meat-loving family were all over these burgers. For once they were QUIET while they were eating their dinner. That’s when you know that you’ve scored some major points in the food department. 😀
Friendly tip: If you’re interested in having the most amazing burger all-around, I would highly suggest making your own hamburger buns. Flavor city, guys! It’s so worth a little extra time spent.
Come to mama, you gorgeous carb-filled burger, you.
Bacon-Wrapped Cheeseburgers with Smashed Avocado
This recipe may included paid links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn a commission from qualifying purchases.
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 1 cup dry bread crumbs
- 8 garlic cloves finely minced
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground pepper
- 8 slices mozzarella cheese
- 8 slices bacon cooked
- SMASHED AVOCADO:
- 3 medium ripe avocados peeled and pitted
- 1 medium lime juiced
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
- 8 hamburger buns for serving
- In a large bowl, combine beef, bread crumbs, garlic, onion powder, salt, and pepper. Shape meat into 8 patties and make a dent in the center of each one.
- Grill hamburgers over medium-high heat, flipping occasionally until meat registers 180F. During last 5 minutes of cooking, top each hamburger with mozzarella slices and cook until melted. Transfer burgers to a plate and wrap each one in slices of bacon. Set aside for a moment while you prepare the smashed avocado.
- In a medium bowl, mash all avocado ingredients until combined (mixture will still be slightly chunky)
- Assemble the burgers: Place a bacon-wrapped hamburger on each bun and generously top with smashed avocado mixture. Serve hamburgers immediately after assembling.
I know you’ll adore my other cook-out recipes!
Grilled Chicken Pesto Sliders