Looking for something a little different to make for dessert on the 4th? Your guests will ADORE these fun, patriotic mini-pizzas, that are generously topped with a tangy cream cheese frosting and lots of fresh berries!
I’ve come to the realization that any food that’s mini-sized is just the bomb.
Literally in these mini pizza’s case. It’s like a FIREWORK of awesome-ness.
Get it? 4th of July? Firework? Ha-ha.
Seriously though, guys. These dessert pizzas? I’m pretty sure my eyes died from cuteness overload.
My tastebuds were next to go after one bite of these awesome ‘thangs.
And then I said buh-bye to my bikini after indulging in 1,397 of these pizzas.
Who needs ’em anyway…Aaaand that, my friends is why treadmills were invented.
To work off mini-dessert pizza calories. Fact.
These pizzas are SO soft and chewy inside the crust-part, covered every inch in a tangy cream cheese frosting, and piled high with loads of fresh berries.
Calorie city, but who cares? We don’t. 🙂
It’s almost the 4th of July, so you have the perfect excuse to blimp out on mini pizza.
And guys, it’s MINI-food. So you can have like 50 billion of these pizzas and not have any guilt.
The “crust” part of these pizzas is actually homemade vanilla wafers, the “sauce” is cream cheese frosting, and the “toppings” are fresh blueberries and strawberries.
Uh, yeah. I’m kinda in love with dessert pizzas.
They’re just so berry berry fun.
Good grief, I am in quite a corny mood today….
These mini-pizzas are so mindlessly easy that they practically make themselves. Really all ‘ya have to do is make your vanilla wafers, whip up the cream cheese frosting, top the wafers with the frosting and fresh berries.
Hellooooo simple! Easy-peasy, lemon squeeze-y 4th of July dessert in less than an hour. SCOREEEEE.
FYI: The 4th of July is in 2 days, so if you just now realized that you’re in charge of dessert, MAKE THESE PIZZAS. They come together in minutes, this recipe makes a huge-ish batch and folks just LOVE ’em!
3 awesome reasons right there. 😉
‘Phew…After all that work you definitely deserve to stuff yo’ face with 500 of these cookies. Me? I’ll settle for just 5 for now…since I kinda still wanna fit in my shorts tomorrow morning.
TMI? Sorry, must have been
all of these cookies I had earlier….they tend to bring out the crazy in anyone. 😀
Red, White and Blue Mini Pizzas
- 1/2 cup butter softened
- 3/4 cup xylitol or sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1-1/2 cups white whole wheat flour
- FROSTING AND TOPPINGS:
- 8 oz cream cheese softened
- 1/4 cup butter softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4-6 tablespoons heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup fresh blueberries
- 1 cup fresh strawberries sliced
- Make the cookies: In a large bowl, beat butter and xylitol (or sugar) until creamy. Beat in egg, vanilla, salt, baking soda, and flour until a dough forms (dough will be quite soft) Wrap dough in plastic wrap and refrigerate at least 1 hour (or up to 24)
- Roll chilled dough out to 1/4 in thickness. Cut dough into circles using a 3-in biscuit cutter. Place cookie circles on parchment paper-lined baking sheets. Bake cookies at 350F 11-12 minutes or until edges turn golden. Cool cookies completely on a wire cooling rack.
- Make the frosting: Place softened cream cheese in a medium bowl, and beat on medium speed using an electric beater until creamy. Beat in butter, vanilla, and just enough cream to achieve a creamy frosting consistency.
- Frost cooled cookies with cream cheese frosting and top with blueberries and strawberries.
You’ll love my other 4th of July fare!