These super-soft and fudgy muffins get their amazing texture from shredded zucchini.—Betcha’ won’t be able to have just one with your morning coffee!
I crossed over to the dark side. Or the green side in this case.
Baking with zucchini. Love it or hate it? A few months ago if you had asked me this question I would have said: Um, YUCK. Now? I sneak that green stuff into everything from quick breads to brownies, from cakes to cookies.
Let’s just say my food processor has been getting quite the workout lately with all the zucchini I’ve been shredding.
Obsessed and not ashamed even a little bit. 😉
What convinced me? You’re looking at ’em. These. Muffins.You. Guys.
Chocolate and zucchini—Do NOT judge that combo til you try it. May I suggest you try it in these muffins first?!
I’m convinced that one bite of these muffins could turn a serial killer into a Christian within seconds.
Just imagine what someone could do after like 5 bites of these muffins. You could solve all of the worlds problems!
Mighty muffins we’ll call these. Has a nice ring to it dontcha’ think? 😉
For all you peeps who aren’t familiar with baking with zucchini, you might be thinking: GAG, right about now. Well, let me clue you in on something: YOU CAN’T TASTE THE ZUCCHINI.
All the zucchini does is:
A. Contributes an AMAZING moistness boost.
B. Adds a ton of healthy nutrients to your baked goods.
C. Makes you feel like a green BOSS.
Ultimately resulting in D….You can eat more of it ’cause it’s healthy!
Each fudgy, chocolate-y bite masks the shredded zucchini and if nobody told you, I’m positive you wouldn’t even know it was there!
Sneaky little muffins these are. 😉
Do you think it’s wise to always listen to your conscience? Because as I speak (type?) I have a container full of these muffins on the counter waiting for tomorrow’s breakfast, but my conscience is telling me: Forget about breakfast. EAT ALL THE MUFFINS.
Always let your conscience be your guide. Especially in situations like this. 😀
Anywhooo, this recipe is loosely based off of my Skinny Double Chocolate Muffins, which is one of my all-time favorite muffin recipes on my blog. They’re so amazing you MUST try them. Like yesterday.
Today’s muffins are quite similar to those only they’re even MORE healthier for you and slightly moister and more fudgy inside.
Ooh yeah, baby…
The best muffin you’ll ever have in your life, I guarantee. And a chocolate lovers dream FO SURE.
Your kids will want to eat all of these muffins in one sitting. They’ll NEVER in all the evers guess that they’re eating the dreaded green stuff. Shhhhh…. It’ll be our little secret. 😉
Healthy Chocolate Zucchini Muffins
- 3/4 cup coconut sugar or brown sugar
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 large eggs
- 1-1/4 cups milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups white whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup tightly-packed shredded zucchini
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips or chunks
- Preheat oven to 425F. Lightly grease a 12-cup muffin tin. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk sugar, oil, eggs, milk, and vanilla until smooth. In a medium bowl, combine flour, cocoa, baking powder, and salt. Gently fold flour mixture into liquid mixture until just combined. (batter will be very thick) Fold in shredded zucchini and chocolate chips.
- Divide batter between greased muffin cups and smooth tops. Bake muffins at 425F 5 minutes, then reduce heat to 375F and continue baking an additional 15 minutes.
- Cool muffins in pan 5 minutes before transferring to a wire cooling rack.
Check out my other healthy indulgences next!
Skinny Peanut Butter Banana Milkshakes
Skinny Double-Chocolate Muffins
Leave a Reply