Super-soft and moist blueberry muffins with a pretty ribbon of cheesecake on top and exploding with juicy blueberries inside. What could be better?
Hello, my name is Sarah and I adore cheesecake and muffins.
For breakfast. We’re all friends here, so no judging me, please.
So cheesecake muffins. They are officially a thing now.
In this household anyway, and I’m pretty sure they’re gonna be widespread across the world in a matter of days.
You know how some lucky dude probably got rich and famous for inventing say, ice cream? Same deal here.
I’m patiently waiting for all the world leaders and some news reporters to start banging on my door shoving wads of money in my face and profusely thanking me for putting cheesecake in a blueberry muffin.
Sigh. Reality bites.
I’ll just be content to shove several of these muffins in my face. Money can’t buy happiness but I’m pretty sure muffins can.
So, anyone who is a regular around these ‘har parts is probably well-aware of my borderline-unhealthy obsession with muffins.
They’re the bomb.com you guys. We all know it.
These muffins are a win-win kinda deal for a few reasons:
A: They’re surprisingly lower in calories. (YES)
B: They’re about as EASY to make as easy gets.
And C: (this is the most important reason of all) They give you an excuse to eat CHEESECAKE FOR BREAKFAST.
Sorry for yelling, but all caps are necessary.
These muffins are SO ridiculously soft and moist inside, totally jam-packed with the berries, and the cheesecake part….
Cheesecake, you guys. Cheesecake!!
If, for any reason you don’t particularly like cheesecake (P.S. if you don’t I don’t think we can be friends anymore..) You can totally leave the cheesecake part of these muffins out and end up with perfectly good regular blueberry muffins.
Me? I’m pretty sure you know what I say: BRING ON THE CHEESECAKE.
Something tells me plain blueberry muffins won’t be happening around here too often anymore….
How sad. 😀
Blueberry Cheesecake Muffins
- 3 cups white whole wheat flour
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup xylitol or sugar
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cups blueberries if using frozen, do not thaw
- 4 oz cream cheese softened
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- Preheat oven to 425F. Lightly grease a 12-cup muffin tin. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, baking powder, and salt. In a separate large bowl, whisk eggs, xylitol (or sugar) oil, sour cream, buttermilk, and vanilla until smooth. Gently fold flour mixture into liquid, stirring until just combined. Gently fold in blueberries.
- Fill muffin cups 3/4 full of batter. Set aside while you prepare the cheesecake: In a small bowl, beat all cheesecake ingredients until smooth and creamy. Drop by heaping teaspoonfuls over batter and use a knife to gently swirl into batter.
- Bake muffins at 425F 5 minutes, then reduce heat to 375F for an additional 18-20 minutes or until a toothpick tests done. Cool muffins in pan 10 minutes before transferring to a wire cooling rack.
Muffins are a regular ‘thang around here as you can tell. 🙂